Tuesday, July 12, 2005, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.2 UpdateApple today released the second maintenance update to its relatively new Tiger operating system.
The 10.4.2 Update delivers overall improved reliability and compatibility for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users.
According to the release notes, Mac OS X 10.4.2 delivers bug fixes to the following areas of the Tiger system: file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services; single sign-on authentication and reliable access to Active Directory servers; autologin for managed user accounts; AirPort and wireless access; and synchronizing your iDisk with .Mac.
Mac OS X 10.4.2 also packs improvements to Address Book, Automator, iCal, iChat, Mail, Safari, Stickies, the Finder, installation reliability, Core Graphics, Core Audio, Core Image, and ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers.
With the release, Apple has delivered significant improvements to Tiger's Dashboard widget management environment, including a new Widget Manager.
More detailed information on this on the Mac OS X 10.4.2 update is available from Apple's website.
On Topic: General
- Apple to introduce app-specific passwords for iCloud-connected titles
- Full Tim Cook interview with Charlie Rose available to stream online
- Apple activates two-step authentication for iCloud Web portal
- Appellate court rejects $368 million VirnetX patent victory over Apple
- Misfit announces Flash, an affordable $49 wearable fitness and sleep tracker