Gap, iTunes promo to feature print and TV adsApple and clothing retailer the Gap will use a series of print and television ads to hype an upcoming promotion that will offer shoppers a free iTunes song download for trying on a pair of Gap jeans.
Following an AppleInsider report on the subject, The Gap on Thursday officially announced that its fall campaign involving Apple\'s iTunes will be called \"favorites.\"
\"The first element of Gaps fall 2005 marketing campaign features the iTunes Music Store to help introduce three new denim fits for women (Curvy, Straight and Original) and one for men (Straight),\" the retailer said in a statement.
During the month of August, Gap will host the Find Your Favorite Fit event an invitation for customers to try on the new jean fits. From August 8 31, each customer who tries on any pair of Gap jeans will receive a free download of their favorite song from the iTunes Music Store.
Much like your favorite music, your favorite jeans are a unique expression and reflection of your individual style, said Jeff Jones, executive vice president of Gap Marketing. The relationship between jeans and music is a hallmark of Gaps identity, so were thrilled to team up with iTunes to bring this connection to life for our customers.
Print ads introducing the new jean fits, the iTunes Music Store promotion and the Find Your Favorite event will run in August issues of weekly magazines including US Weekly, People and Entertainment Weekly and television spots will air on network and cable TV programs from August 8 August 23.
Apple\'s participation in the promotion is expected to end Aug 31.
On Topic: General
- US Congress, corporations get behind Email Privacy Act to shield online communications from searches
- Apple approved Microsoft filming new holiday-themed ad outside iconic NYC Fifth Ave cube
- Apple Store logos turn red to mark World AIDS Day, (Product)Red donations top $100M
- Apple expands Personal Pickup option to 6 more EU countries
- Adobe debuts 2015 Creative Cloud updates with new 3D modeling app Fuse CC