Safari and WebKit software engineer Dave Hyatt is said to be working on new form control implementations that can be styled with cascading style sheets. The changes are also expected to provide better performance on pages with a multitude of form controls, according to Safari team manager Darin Adler.
In addition, WebKit — the HTML framework that forms the foundation of Safari and is also used by Dashboard and Mail.app — is about gain much need tab character support. \"[It\'s] especially important in the Mail application for editing email messages with tabs,\" Adler wrote. \"This also fixes how tab characters are handled within web pages, which is pretty important in the \'\', for example.\"
Apple recently provided developers with pre-release builds of Safari 2.0 Update 1 for Mac OS X 10.4.x and Safari 1.3 Update 6 for Mac OS X 10.3.9. It\'s likely the aforementioned enhancements would be included as part of these forthcoming updates, which will primarily focus on improving Safari\'s stability.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Watch at Best Buy, Apple Music numbers, Apple TV news & more
- IBM reportedly plans to purchase up to 200K MacBooks for employees
- Facebook completes first full-scale drone for spreading Internet access to remote regions
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Watch at Best Buy, rumored iPads, Steve Jobs movies & an Apple car
- Apple could be held liable for supporting terrorism with strong iOS encryption, experts theorize