Apple music event set for Sept 7Apple Computer plans to host a special event on September 7th to introduce new music-related products, AppleInsider has learned.
On Monday the iPod maker began distributing e-mail invites to the event, which will take place at 10:00am on Sept. 7th at San Francisco\'s Moscone Center.
\"1000 songs in your pocket changed everything. Here we go again,\" the invite reads, in part.
The slogan \"1000 songs in your pocket\" was originally used by the Apple when it introduced the the very first 5GB iPod digital music player in 2001.
Sources had previously reported that Motorola and Apple would use the 7th of September to unveil the first of Motorola\'s iTunes ROKR cell phones.
The phones will be the first product of Motorola\'s strategic partnership with Apple, aimed at enabling music fans to transfer their favorite songs from Apple\'s iTunes jukebox software to compatible Motorola mobile handsets.
It was previously reported that Motorola was also looking into the rental of a studio venue in Manhattan to hold an east coast launch party for the phones.
Apple, as it has done historically, does not mention in the event invites which products it plans to announce.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast talks 'Apple Car,' iPhone's future, software betas, iPad Pro keyboards, more
- Immersion files lawsuit, ITC complaint against Apple's haptic technology
- Apple slapped with class action suit over Touch ID-related 'Error 53' code
- Apple Maps vans operating around the clock in run-up to 'iOS 10' debut
- Apple invention uses Apple Watch to auto adjust iPhone alert volume