Reports confirms Sept 7 iTunes phone launchApple and Motorola indeed have plans to unveil their long- awaited iTunes music phones next week during the special event to be held in San Francisco, The New York Times is confirming.
The publication cites \"a telecommunications industry analyst who has been briefed on the announcement\" in saying that the Sept 7th event coincides with the launch of the phones. The findings corroborate an AppleInsider report from last week, which also placed the iTunes phone launch on Sept 7th.
Roger Entner, a telecommunications analyst with market research firm Ovum , told the Times he had been informed by an industry executive that the iTunes phone would be marketed by Cingular Wireless. The Wall Street Journal also reported on Monday that Apple and Cingular had struck a deal that would make the phone available in time for the holidays.
\"Apple also may introduce a line of iPod digital music players intended to replace its hugely popular iPod mini line,\" a source told the Journal.
Apple, Motorola and Cingular all reportedly declined to confirm or deny the reports. However, Apple on Monday, through digital invites to the media, announced that it would hold a special media event on Sept. 7 at San Francisco\'s Moscone Center. The invites flaunt a teaser reading, \"1,000 songs in your pocket changed everything. Here we go again.\"
It\'s expected that Motorola and Apple will introduce a complete line of music-oriented phones that go by the name ROKR, rather than a single handset.
On Topic: General
- Elon Musk welcomes rumored 'Apple Car,' reveals Tesla-to-Apple poaching at about 5:1
- Spotify, other music services allege Apple App Store policies anti-competitive
- Lunch & keynote with Apple CEO Tim Cook raises $200K for charity
- Apple challenges Google with growing Web search program, fueled by Topsy acquisition
- Former Apple retail head Ron Johnson launches Enjoy, a sales and setup service