Reports confirms Sept 7 iTunes phone launchApple and Motorola indeed have plans to unveil their long- awaited iTunes music phones next week during the special event to be held in San Francisco, The New York Times is confirming.
The publication cites \"a telecommunications industry analyst who has been briefed on the announcement\" in saying that the Sept 7th event coincides with the launch of the phones. The findings corroborate an AppleInsider report from last week, which also placed the iTunes phone launch on Sept 7th.
Roger Entner, a telecommunications analyst with market research firm Ovum , told the Times he had been informed by an industry executive that the iTunes phone would be marketed by Cingular Wireless. The Wall Street Journal also reported on Monday that Apple and Cingular had struck a deal that would make the phone available in time for the holidays.
\"Apple also may introduce a line of iPod digital music players intended to replace its hugely popular iPod mini line,\" a source told the Journal.
Apple, Motorola and Cingular all reportedly declined to confirm or deny the reports. However, Apple on Monday, through digital invites to the media, announced that it would hold a special media event on Sept. 7 at San Francisco\'s Moscone Center. The invites flaunt a teaser reading, \"1,000 songs in your pocket changed everything. Here we go again.\"
It\'s expected that Motorola and Apple will introduce a complete line of music-oriented phones that go by the name ROKR, rather than a single handset.
On Topic: General
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July
- Greek capital controls put squeeze on iCloud, iTunes, App Store subscriptions
- Photos, iCloud Drive, iMessage, other online Apple services hit by slowdowns & outages [u]
- Full trailer for 'Steve Jobs' film shows Apple co-founder's successes and struggles