Motorola to hold iTunes phone after-party at Webster HallExclusive — Motorola has sent invitations to analysts and members of the media, inviting them to an \"evening of fun\" in New York City on Sept 7th, the same day the company is expected to unveil its ROKR iTunes phones alongside Apple Computer.
\"The device formerly known as the cell phone is ready for its next act,\" Motorola said in the digital invites. \"Please join us for an evening of fun, music and evolution.\"
AppleInsider last week reported that Motorola would hold an after-party for the iTunes phone launch on Sept 7th on Manhattan\'s West Side. At the time of the report, the wireless company was looking to secure a venue for the gathering inside Splashlight Studios on West 35th Street. However, reliable sources now indicate that Motorola will host the party at Webster Hall on 125 East 11th Street.
The party will begin at 7pm, according to Motorola, and will include a performance by a live band. No further information was provided in the invite. Instead the company promises invitees more details upon reservation for the event.
Approximately six hours earlier in San Francisco, Calif., Apple will hold a special music event to officially introduce the phones to analyst and members of the media on the west coast.
Although both Apple and Motorola have declined to comment on either event, the New York Times and Wall Street Journal reported earlier this week that the phone launch was a go.
Citing sources familiar with plans for the iTunes phones, the publications said Apple and Motorola have struck a deal with Cingular, the nations No. 1 wireless carrier, to offer the phones to its customers in time for the holidays.
On Topic: General
- Tech shuttle drivers approve Teamsters contract, Apple working with contractors to raise pay
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Watch at Best Buy, Apple Music numbers, Apple TV news & more
- IBM reportedly plans to purchase up to 200K MacBooks for employees
- Facebook completes first full-scale drone for spreading Internet access to remote regions
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Watch at Best Buy, rumored iPads, Steve Jobs movies & an Apple car