Apple ships first video iPods, lanyard nano headphonesApple Computer on Monday morning began shipping the first batch of video-enabled iPods, AppleInsider has confirmed.
Based on delivery estimates provided by Apple\'s online store, some early adopters who paid for overnight shipping can expect to receive their new iPods as early as Tuesday,
The new music players appear to be shipping FedEx out of Shanghai, China, just minutes from where Asustek and Inventec — two of Apple\'s iPod manufacturing partners — have production facilities.
Based on existing reports, it looks like orders for black and white 60GB iPods without custom engravings are shipping first.
Meanwhile, Apple retail stores are unsure when they will receive their first shipment of new iPods.
Asked when they expect the new iPods, an Apple store representative said: \"I have no idea. Apple doesn\'t tell us.\"
In related news, Apple last week also shipped a small batch of the lanyard headphones for the iPod nano. The accessory had been backordered for a month and a half, but now shows lead times of one to two weeks on the Apple online store.
Most Apple retail stores who received lanyard headphone shipments quickly sold out of the product.
On Topic: General
- US Congress, corporations get behind Email Privacy Act to shield online communications from searches
- Apple approved Microsoft filming new holiday-themed ad outside iconic NYC Fifth Ave cube
- Apple Store logos turn red to mark World AIDS Day, (Product)Red donations top $100M
- Apple expands Personal Pickup option to 6 more EU countries
- Adobe debuts 2015 Creative Cloud updates with new 3D modeling app Fuse CC