Apple ships first video iPods, lanyard nano headphonesApple Computer on Monday morning began shipping the first batch of video-enabled iPods, AppleInsider has confirmed.
Based on delivery estimates provided by Apple\'s online store, some early adopters who paid for overnight shipping can expect to receive their new iPods as early as Tuesday,
The new music players appear to be shipping FedEx out of Shanghai, China, just minutes from where Asustek and Inventec — two of Apple\'s iPod manufacturing partners — have production facilities.
Based on existing reports, it looks like orders for black and white 60GB iPods without custom engravings are shipping first.
Meanwhile, Apple retail stores are unsure when they will receive their first shipment of new iPods.
Asked when they expect the new iPods, an Apple store representative said: \"I have no idea. Apple doesn\'t tell us.\"
In related news, Apple last week also shipped a small batch of the lanyard headphones for the iPod nano. The accessory had been backordered for a month and a half, but now shows lead times of one to two weeks on the Apple online store.
Most Apple retail stores who received lanyard headphone shipments quickly sold out of the product.
On Topic: General
- Apple ordered to pay $302.4M in damages to VirnetX in patent retrial
- Latest 4K drone footage of Apple's 'spaceship' Campus 2 shows landscaping, functional HVAC
- 10nm chip foundry process coming to Apple partner TSMC ahead of Intel
- Customer rampages through French Apple Store, smashes iPhones, iMacs, MacBook Air
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Watch Series 2, iPhone 7, DJI Mavic Pro, and more