Tuesday, October 18, 2005, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Apple media event to kick-off tomorrow at noonApple Computer is scheduled to host a special media event tomorrow afternoon on Manhattan's west side, the third such event in less than six weeks.
According to sources, the Mac maker will utilize a small conference room inside the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center to unveil its latest professional Macintosh products. The event is slated to begin at 12:00pm eastern time.
In a digital invitation sent to the media late last week, Apple said: "Please join us for a special press conference on the eve of PhotoPlus Expo 2005 as we unveil Apple's latest pro innovations."
The invitation is jet black and sports a large camera lens as a teaser. Earlier reports had hinted that a significant photography-related announcement would accompany the introduction of new PowerBooks and dual-core Power Macs at the event.
PhotoPlus Expo is also being held inside the Javits Center, running from October 20th through the 22nd.
Earlier this week Apple's 15-inch and 17-inch PowerBook G4 models saw lead times extended to 3 to 5 business days at the company's online store. Likewise, all Power Mac G5 models are also showing increased wait times.
On Topic: General
- Judge denies Apple motion to dismiss states' e-books suit
- Revenue from mobile device displays to surpass televisions for first time in 2014
- Apple tech uses Wi-Fi access points for indoor navigation, 3D positioning
- Samsung execs deny copying Apple design, attribute smartphone success to marketing
- Apple now cooperating says external compliance monitor Bromwich in first report