Thursday, October 20, 2005, 12:40 pm PT (03:40 pm ET)
Apple updates iTunes to version 6.0.1Apple on Thursday released iTunes 6.0.1, which features several stability improvements over iTunes 6. As of press time, the software update was available only through the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism. "After purchasing music from the iTunes Music Store with iTunes 6 or later, you will also need to upgrade your other computers that purchase music from the iTunes Music Store to iTunes 6.0.1," the company said in the release notes. With iTunes 6.0.x lets users preview, buy, and download over 2,000 videos on the iTunes Music Store and then sync the music and purchased videos with an iPod. To watch purchased videos, users must also have Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
On Topic: General
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery
- Amazon stock dips after anaemic third quarter, tepid reception for Fire Phone
- Bose files lawsuit against Apple's Beats over noise canceling tech
- Judge voices concern over Apple's $450M e-book settlement, says may hurt consumers
- Apple concept would automatically enable iOS 'Do Not Disturb' mode during exercise