Thursday, October 20, 2005, 12:40 pm PT (03:40 pm ET)
Apple updates iTunes to version 6.0.1Apple on Thursday released iTunes 6.0.1, which features several stability improvements over iTunes 6. As of press time, the software update was available only through the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism. "After purchasing music from the iTunes Music Store with iTunes 6 or later, you will also need to upgrade your other computers that purchase music from the iTunes Music Store to iTunes 6.0.1," the company said in the release notes. With iTunes 6.0.x lets users preview, buy, and download over 2,000 videos on the iTunes Music Store and then sync the music and purchased videos with an iPod. To watch purchased videos, users must also have Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
On Topic: General
- Apple quietly improves loyalty pricing for businesses, educational institutions
- Samsung appeals final judgment in first Apple v. Samsung California trial, drops asserted SEPs from second
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink