Thursday, October 20, 2005, 12:40 pm PT (03:40 pm ET)
Apple updates iTunes to version 6.0.1Apple on Thursday released iTunes 6.0.1, which features several stability improvements over iTunes 6. As of press time, the software update was available only through the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism. "After purchasing music from the iTunes Music Store with iTunes 6 or later, you will also need to upgrade your other computers that purchase music from the iTunes Music Store to iTunes 6.0.1," the company said in the release notes. With iTunes 6.0.x lets users preview, buy, and download over 2,000 videos on the iTunes Music Store and then sync the music and purchased videos with an iPod. To watch purchased videos, users must also have Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon