Apple sells over 1M videos in less than 20 daysApple today announced that iTunes Music Store customers have purchased and downloaded more than one million videos since they debuted on October 12.
In a statement released today, the iPod maker said top downloads included music videos from Michael Jackson, Fatboy Slim and Kanye West; Pixar\'s \"For the Birds\" and \"Boundin\'\"; and episodes of ABC\'s hit TV shows \"Lost\" and \"Desperate Housewives.\"
iTunes music store shoppers can currently choose from over 2,000 music videos, Pixar short films and hit TV shows for just $1.99.
\"Selling one million videos in less than 20 days strongly suggests there is a market for legal video downloads,\" said Steve Jobs, Apple\'s CEO. \"Our next challenge is to broaden our content offerings, so that customers can enjoy watching more videos on their computers and new iPods.\"
Music videos are available from artists including Madonna, U2, Eurythmics, Coldplay and Kanye West, and animated shorts are available from Academy Award-winning Pixar Animation Studios. In a deal with ABC Disney, the iTunes Music Store also offers current and past episodes from the two most popular shows on television, \"Desperate Housewives\" and \"Lost\" as well as the new drama series \"Night Stalker\" and the two most popular shows from Disney Channel, \"That\'s So Raven\" and \"The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.\"
The iTunes Music Store also features more than two million songs from the major music companies and over 1,000 independent record labels, 11,000 audiobooks, gift certificates and exclusive music not found anywhere else online.
On Topic: General
- Apple replaces Support Profile web tool with 'Get Support,' limits information to registered devices
- Note 7 owners launch first of several class action lawsuits in South Korea
- Review: Neato Botvac Connected uses iPhone, Apple Watch and lasers for an effective clean
- Apple to co-sponsor 2017 Met Gala without co-chair position
- AT&T to buy Time Warner for $80B, deal announcement imminent - report [u: confirmed]