Apple sells over 1M videos in less than 20 daysApple today announced that iTunes Music Store customers have purchased and downloaded more than one million videos since they debuted on October 12.
In a statement released today, the iPod maker said top downloads included music videos from Michael Jackson, Fatboy Slim and Kanye West; Pixar\'s \"For the Birds\" and \"Boundin\'\"; and episodes of ABC\'s hit TV shows \"Lost\" and \"Desperate Housewives.\"
iTunes music store shoppers can currently choose from over 2,000 music videos, Pixar short films and hit TV shows for just $1.99.
\"Selling one million videos in less than 20 days strongly suggests there is a market for legal video downloads,\" said Steve Jobs, Apple\'s CEO. \"Our next challenge is to broaden our content offerings, so that customers can enjoy watching more videos on their computers and new iPods.\"
Music videos are available from artists including Madonna, U2, Eurythmics, Coldplay and Kanye West, and animated shorts are available from Academy Award-winning Pixar Animation Studios. In a deal with ABC Disney, the iTunes Music Store also offers current and past episodes from the two most popular shows on television, \"Desperate Housewives\" and \"Lost\" as well as the new drama series \"Night Stalker\" and the two most popular shows from Disney Channel, \"That\'s So Raven\" and \"The Suite Life of Zack and Cody.\"
The iTunes Music Store also features more than two million songs from the major music companies and over 1,000 independent record labels, 11,000 audiobooks, gift certificates and exclusive music not found anywhere else online.
On Topic: General
- Samsung subsidiary Mapzen hiring Apple cartographers, designers for maps initiative
- Apple's automotive ambitions reportedly take toll on other departments with staff reassignments
- Apple loses final e-books antitrust appeal, will pay $450M settlement [u]
- As Apple doubles down on maps data, Microsoft bows out with sale of some Bing Maps assets to Uber
- Apple Camp 2015 enrollment begins with moviemaking, e-book creation workshops for kids