TiVo: Mac TiVoToGo support coming in 2006TiVo representatives this week reiterated a company pledge to release a Mac-compatible version of its popular TiVoToGo software, according to an online report.
TiVoToGo lets TiVo subscribes transfer recorded television programming to their laptop or desktop PC.
On Monday, the digital video recorder maker announced that it will be extending the feature to allow subscribers to transfer content to Apple\'s iPod digital music players and Sony\'s PlayStation portable devices.
TiVo earlier this year said it would bring the TiVoToGo feature to the Mac OS X platform, but has yet to deliver on the promise. The software currently supports only Windows PCs.
However, during a teleconference with CNet News.com this week, a TiVo representative reiterated that a Mac version is in the works, saying it would debut \"sometime next year.\"
TiVo on Monday said it will begin testing the enhanced TiVoToGo feature in the coming weeks with a select group of TiVo Series2 subscribers who own an Apple video iPod or PSP devices.
The feature will reportedly be made available to the company\'s entire standalone TiVo Series2 subscriber base as early as the first quarter of next year.
On Topic: General
- Jony Ive makes list of influential tech execs, Apple retakes top spot in brand rankings
- Emergency crews respond to 'large fire' at Apple complex in Mesa, Ariz. [u]
- Charter confirms Time Warner Cable takeover in deal worth $55.33 billion
- Apple's multitouch 'fusion keyboard' invention with multitouch keys could replace touchpads
- Apple's Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer