Tuesday, November 22, 2005, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
TiVo: Mac TiVoToGo support coming in 2006TiVo representatives this week reiterated a company pledge to release a Mac-compatible version of its popular TiVoToGo software, according to an online report.
TiVoToGo lets TiVo subscribes transfer recorded television programming to their laptop or desktop PC.
On Monday, the digital video recorder maker announced that it will be extending the feature to allow subscribers to transfer content to Apple's iPod digital music players and Sony's PlayStation portable devices.
TiVo earlier this year said it would bring the TiVoToGo feature to the Mac OS X platform, but has yet to deliver on the promise. The software currently supports only Windows PCs.
However, during a teleconference with CNet News.com this week, a TiVo representative reiterated that a Mac version is in the works, saying it would debut "sometime next year."
TiVo on Monday said it will begin testing the enhanced TiVoToGo feature in the coming weeks with a select group of TiVo Series2 subscribers who own an Apple video iPod or PSP devices.
The feature will reportedly be made available to the company's entire standalone TiVo Series2 subscriber base as early as the first quarter of next year.
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple