TiVo: Mac TiVoToGo support coming in 2006TiVo representatives this week reiterated a company pledge to release a Mac-compatible version of its popular TiVoToGo software, according to an online report.
TiVoToGo lets TiVo subscribes transfer recorded television programming to their laptop or desktop PC.
On Monday, the digital video recorder maker announced that it will be extending the feature to allow subscribers to transfer content to Apple's iPod digital music players and Sony's PlayStation portable devices.
TiVo earlier this year said it would bring the TiVoToGo feature to the Mac OS X platform, but has yet to deliver on the promise. The software currently supports only Windows PCs.
However, during a teleconference with CNet News.com this week, a TiVo representative reiterated that a Mac version is in the works, saying it would debut "sometime next year."
TiVo on Monday said it will begin testing the enhanced TiVoToGo feature in the coming weeks with a select group of TiVo Series2 subscribers who own an Apple video iPod or PSP devices.
The feature will reportedly be made available to the company's entire standalone TiVo Series2 subscriber base as early as the first quarter of next year.
On Topic: General
- Shuttle drivers at Apple, other Silicon Valley tech companies vote for Teamsters representation
- Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terrorism
- Apple's March 9 'Spring Forward' event steals thunder from rivals at Mobile World Congress
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple's March 9 event, net neutrality, Pebble Time & more
- Ericsson unloads legal barrage against Apple in ongoing patent licensing dispute