Tuesday, January 03, 2006, 08:00 pm PT (11:00 pm ET)
Apple updates AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme firmwareApple Computer on Tuesday evening released firmware updates for both its AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme wireless networking products.
AirPort Express Firmware Updater 6.3 and AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.7 address "reliability and resolve issues with AirTunes, AirPort compatibility, and issues with some third party Routers."
Specifically, the 2.5MB updates resolves issue with: Audio dropout when playing to AirPort Express with AirTunes; Wireless Disabled mode for AirPort Express; AirPort Extreme LAN Performance; enabling AOL Parental Controls; vulnerability to Denial of Service Attacks (bonk) and; wireless internet access through AirPort via some PPPoA DSL Routers.
AirPort Express Firmware Updater 6.3 and AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.7 also improve reliability when printing through AirPort base stations and include enhanced support for RADIUS and Network Time (NTP) servers.
Earlier today Apple released Bluetooth Firmware Update 1.2, which improves Bluetooth performance and reliability issues D-Link USB Adapters, 12" and 15" PowerBooks, Mac mini, iMac G4 and iMac G5.
On Topic: General
- First Look: SETA stand for iPad with NanoSuction pads
- Tim Cook visits veterans and doctors at Palo Alto VA hospital, staff using iPads
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac, iWork suite for OS X and iOS with minor bug fixes [u]
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple invention helps iPhone users find their parked car despite poor cell, GPS reception