Apple updates AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme firmwareApple Computer on Tuesday evening released firmware updates for both its AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme wireless networking products.
AirPort Express Firmware Updater 6.3 and AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.7 address \"reliability and resolve issues with AirTunes, AirPort compatibility, and issues with some third party Routers.\"
Specifically, the 2.5MB updates resolves issue with: Audio dropout when playing to AirPort Express with AirTunes; Wireless Disabled mode for AirPort Express; AirPort Extreme LAN Performance; enabling AOL Parental Controls; vulnerability to Denial of Service Attacks (bonk) and; wireless internet access through AirPort via some PPPoA DSL Routers.
AirPort Express Firmware Updater 6.3 and AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.7 also improve reliability when printing through AirPort base stations and include enhanced support for RADIUS and Network Time (NTP) servers.
Earlier today Apple released Bluetooth Firmware Update 1.2, which improves Bluetooth performance and reliability issues D-Link USB Adapters, 12\" and 15\" PowerBooks, Mac mini, iMac G4 and iMac G5.
On Topic: General
- AT&T to buy Time Warner for $80B, deal announcement imminent - report
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros