Tuesday, January 03, 2006, 08:00 pm PT (11:00 pm ET)
Apple updates AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme firmwareApple Computer on Tuesday evening released firmware updates for both its AirPort Express and AirPort Extreme wireless networking products.
AirPort Express Firmware Updater 6.3 and AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.7 address "reliability and resolve issues with AirTunes, AirPort compatibility, and issues with some third party Routers."
Specifically, the 2.5MB updates resolves issue with: Audio dropout when playing to AirPort Express with AirTunes; Wireless Disabled mode for AirPort Express; AirPort Extreme LAN Performance; enabling AOL Parental Controls; vulnerability to Denial of Service Attacks (bonk) and; wireless internet access through AirPort via some PPPoA DSL Routers.
AirPort Express Firmware Updater 6.3 and AirPort Extreme Firmware Update 5.7 also improve reliability when printing through AirPort base stations and include enhanced support for RADIUS and Network Time (NTP) servers.
Earlier today Apple released Bluetooth Firmware Update 1.2, which improves Bluetooth performance and reliability issues D-Link USB Adapters, 12" and 15" PowerBooks, Mac mini, iMac G4 and iMac G5.
On Topic: General
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers