Chrysler Group and Apple announce iPod integrationThe Chrysler Group on Sunday announced that it will be the first American automaker to provide full iPod integration as an option in most of its 2006 models, with over three million 2006 Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge models offering seamless iPod connectively beginning this spring.
Exhibiting at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit this week, the auto maker said drivers will be able to select and listen to their music by artist, album or playlist with either radio or steering wheel controls. Selections will also appear on the radio\'s display screen.
\"We\'re thrilled that over three million Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge automobiles will offer great iPod connectivity in 2006,\" said Greg Joswiak, Apple\'s vice president of Worldwide iPod Product Marketing. \"Over 40 percent of all cars sold in the US in 2006 will offer iPod connectivity.\"
Chrysler joins 16 other auto makers that currently offer iPod integration in their vehicles.
\"Customers have been asking for iPod connectivity and we\'re excited to make it available to so many of our vehicles in 2006,\" said Randy Ewers, director, Mopar Accessories Portfolio Team. \"We\'re providing the largest number and range of automobiles with iPod support of any automaker, allowing Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge owners to bring and listen to their entire music collections.\"
The optional iPod Integration Kit for Chrysler, Jeep and Dodge model lines will be available to customers for US$175 plus installation. In addition, the solution can be retrofit to many model year 2005 vehicles, Chrysler said.
On Topic: General
- Antitrust monitor again bemoans Apple's lack of cooperation in final report
- Microsoft's retail store chain flounders in stark contrast to busy Apple Stores
- Microsoft debuts Lumia 950 & 950XL phones, Display Dock, Band 2 fitness tracker
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book laptop & Surface Pro 4 tablet with new Surface Pen
- From analog to digital: How Danny Boyle's 'Steve Jobs' captures the rapid advancement of technology