Friday, January 27, 2006, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple halts reseller orders for 17-inch iMac G5, inventory now limitedApple Computer this week official shifted its PowerPC-based 17-inch iMac G5 offering to "End-Of-Life" status, tipsters tell AppleInsider.
Along with the shift in status, the company began informing resellers in the US that it would accept no new orders for the model. This suggests that Apple's inventory of the 17-inch iMac G5 model is nearly depleted.
The company will reportedly continue to accept individual customer orders for the computer through its online store "while supplies last." Beyond this, the 17-inch iMac G5 will only be available from Apple authorized resellers who hold remaining inventory of the computer at their respective locations.
While informing resellers of the change, Apple made no mention of the 20-inch iMac G5, suggesting it retains slightly more of these model's than the lower-cost 17-inch configuration.
Those customers still looking to secure a 17-inch iMac G5 at discount need to look no further than Amazon.com, which still retains supply of the model and is offering $125 back via a mail-in rebate.
On Topic: General
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'
- Apple wins patent for Steve Jobs-designed Fifth Ave glass cube
- LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]
- Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial