Tuesday, February 14, 2006, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Apple now offers global warranty on all computer systemsApple Computer this week expanded its global warranty coverage to its entire computer system matrix, AppleInsider has been told.
Previously available only for iPods and portable computers, Apple told service providers on Sunday that it will now provide global service coverage for all Apple desktop computers, servers, and displays that are under warranty.
This means customers who purchase an Apple system or display in the US can have that product serviced for warranty repairs should they travel with the product to regions such as Europe or Asia.
The global service coverage also applies to Apple extended service contracts such as the AppleCare Protection Plan, AppleCare Repair Agreement, AppleCare Parts Agreement, and AppleCare Premium Service and Support for Xserve and Xserve RAID.
Customers who seek service in a country other than the country in which the covered product was purchased will have regional-regulated parts replaced with an equivalent, regional-specific part, the company noted. As an example, Apple said if a system purchased in the US. is taken to Japan and the AirPort Card is defective, it will be replaced with a Japanese AirMac Card.
As always, Apple suggests that customers follow local importation laws when transporting computers into countries other than those in which they were purchased.
On Topic: General
- Hacks targeting Chinese iCloud users prompt Apple CEO Tim Cook to meet China's vice premier
- Apple's Maps Connect portal lets local businesses create, add details to listings
- Apple leadership awarded restricted stock unit bonus currently worth $19M
- Apple spent $1M on lobbying US government in Q3, focused on health, data privacy, more
- GT Advanced reaches bankruptcy deal with Apple, will sell off more than 2,000 sapphire furnaces to pay debt