Apple now offers global warranty on all computer systemsApple Computer this week expanded its global warranty coverage to its entire computer system matrix, AppleInsider has been told.
Previously available only for iPods and portable computers, Apple told service providers on Sunday that it will now provide global service coverage for all Apple desktop computers, servers, and displays that are under warranty.
This means customers who purchase an Apple system or display in the US can have that product serviced for warranty repairs should they travel with the product to regions such as Europe or Asia.
The global service coverage also applies to Apple extended service contracts such as the AppleCare Protection Plan, AppleCare Repair Agreement, AppleCare Parts Agreement, and AppleCare Premium Service and Support for Xserve and Xserve RAID.
Customers who seek service in a country other than the country in which the covered product was purchased will have regional-regulated parts replaced with an equivalent, regional-specific part, the company noted. As an example, Apple said if a system purchased in the US. is taken to Japan and the AirPort Card is defective, it will be replaced with a Japanese AirMac Card.
As always, Apple suggests that customers follow local importation laws when transporting computers into countries other than those in which they were purchased.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Three iPhones in 2017, Apple takes on Snapchat, surprise iOS 9.3.5 update & more
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Health, machine learning, 'iPhone 7' rumors
- Apple gets green light to add 1,000 jobs at Irish headquarters
- Watchdog group finds Pegatron exploiting workers in lead up to 'iPhone 7' launch
- Apple-1 'Celebration' motherboard auction pulls in $815K