Thursday, February 16, 2006, 04:20 pm PT (07:20 pm ET)
Apple.com 10th most popular Web site in JanuaryApple.com was the tenth most popular Web site on the Internet for the month of January, when the top sites were ranked by brand, according to Nielsen NetRatings.
Figures released today show Apple.com received just shy of 35 million unique visitors, each of whom spent an average of 1 hour and 6 minutes browsing the company's content.
Yahoo, Microsoft, MSN and Google led all brand Web sites, topping 105 million, 97 million, 94 million, and 91 million unique visits each, respectively. They were followed by AOL, eBay, Amazon and MapQuest.
Real took the ninth spot in January, with edging out by less than 1.2 million unique visitors.
In November Apple led internet retailers in unique visitors, and in December the company was discovered to be the fastest growing site on the internet among the top brands.
Meanwhile, this January it was reported that Apple's iTunes service is being actively used by 14 percent of the Internet population. The service has sky-rocketed in popularity by 241 percent over the past year — rising from 6.1 million unique visitors in December of 2004 to 20.7 million in December of 2005.
On Topic: General
- Apple files cross-appeal of final judgment in case against Samsung
- Apple, Samsung sued by ZiiLABS over alleged infringement of graphics patents
- Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store
- Apple to open small stores in India, focus on entry-level iOS devices in battle for growing market
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance