Apple.com 10th most popular Web site in JanuaryApple.com was the tenth most popular Web site on the Internet for the month of January, when the top sites were ranked by brand, according to Nielsen NetRatings.
Figures released today show Apple.com received just shy of 35 million unique visitors, each of whom spent an average of 1 hour and 6 minutes browsing the company\'s content.
Yahoo, Microsoft, MSN and Google led all brand Web sites, topping 105 million, 97 million, 94 million, and 91 million unique visits each, respectively. They were followed by AOL, eBay, Amazon and MapQuest.
Real took the ninth spot in January, with edging out by less than 1.2 million unique visitors.
In November Apple led internet retailers in unique visitors, and in December the company was discovered to be the fastest growing site on the internet among the top brands.
Meanwhile, this January it was reported that Apple\'s iTunes service is being actively used by 14 percent of the Internet population. The service has sky-rocketed in popularity by 241 percent over the past year — rising from 6.1 million unique visitors in December of 2004 to 20.7 million in December of 2005.
On Topic: General
- Emergency crews respond to 'large fire' at Apple complex in Mesa, Ariz. [u]
- Charter confirms Time Warner Cable takeover in deal worth $55.33 billion
- Apple's multitouch 'fusion keyboard' invention with multitouch keys could replace touchpads
- Apple's Jony Ive promoted to Chief Design Officer
- Charter said to be nearing $55B deal to buy Time Warner Cable