Apple to host special event in Cupertino on Feb 28True to rumors, Apple Computer will host a special invitation-only event at the end of the month to introduce some new product offerings, AppleInsider has learned.
The event is set to take place on Tuesday, February 28, 2006 at 10:00 AM Pacific Time at the Apple Town Hall on the company\'s Cupertino, Calif. campus.
\"Come see some fun new products from Apple,\" reads the digital invite sent to analysts and members of the media. The invite itself is not very revealing, showing only an enlarged iCal-like icon rendering.
Rumors that Apple was planning a special event for the latter half of February have been brewing for several weeks now. Fueling the rumors were reports that Apple axed several music-related product introductions from its opening presentation at January\'s Macworld Expo.
Specifically, sources have described to AppleInsider a new iPod Boombox device that is expected to retail in the $300 range and provide plug-and-play audio for the living room.
Other products expected from Apple in the near future include a sub-$500 Intel-based Mac mini desktop computer and a sub-$1000 13-inch widescreen iBook. However, it\'s unclear if these Mac systems will make their debut at the Feb.28th event, or at another event closer to the Spring.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more