New special edition iPod, other accessories may arrive soonApple Computer may soon unveil a new special edition iPod and some other iPod- and music-related accessories, AppleInsider has gathered.
The Cupertino, Calif.-based iPod maker is rumored to have completed arrangements with third parties to debut a special or limited edition iPod, which is reportedly similar to the black and red U2-branded model that made its debut in Oct. of 2004.
The iPod, believed by some to be one and the same with the recently-rumored red-colored AIDS awareness iPod, may be tacked on to Apple\'s announcements this Tuesday, sources have said.
Additionally, the company is also believed to be tying together marketing materials for a few other small iPod accessories of unknown nature, which would presumably arrive alongside an announcement of the new iPod model and an update to its iTunes digital jukebox software.
Apple on Tuesday will hold a special media event on its campus to announce some \"fun new products,\" the company teased in a digital invited distributed to select analysts and members of the media last week.
Some key new products expected to debut at the event include Apple\'s first Intel-based Mac mini desktop computers and a new iPod Boombox audio system that will provide plug-and-plug audio for the living-room.
Attendance for the event is expected to be extremely limited, as it takes place at the Town Hall Auditorium on Apple\'s Campus — a venue which is suited to accommodate only a few hundred people.
On Topic: General
- Apple's customer service suffers in Q2, study says
- September iPhone event marks return of live stream for Windows users
- Apple researching wireless earphones with bone conduction noise cancelling tech
- Apple supposedly confirmed to hold Sept. 9 iPhone event at Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
- Apple's Jony Ive, Jimmy Iovine to join tech and entertainment luminaries at Vanity Fair event