New special edition iPod, other accessories may arrive soonApple Computer may soon unveil a new special edition iPod and some other iPod- and music-related accessories, AppleInsider has gathered.
The Cupertino, Calif.-based iPod maker is rumored to have completed arrangements with third parties to debut a special or limited edition iPod, which is reportedly similar to the black and red U2-branded model that made its debut in Oct. of 2004.
The iPod, believed by some to be one and the same with the recently-rumored red-colored AIDS awareness iPod, may be tacked on to Apple\'s announcements this Tuesday, sources have said.
Additionally, the company is also believed to be tying together marketing materials for a few other small iPod accessories of unknown nature, which would presumably arrive alongside an announcement of the new iPod model and an update to its iTunes digital jukebox software.
Apple on Tuesday will hold a special media event on its campus to announce some \"fun new products,\" the company teased in a digital invited distributed to select analysts and members of the media last week.
Some key new products expected to debut at the event include Apple\'s first Intel-based Mac mini desktop computers and a new iPod Boombox audio system that will provide plug-and-plug audio for the living-room.
Attendance for the event is expected to be extremely limited, as it takes place at the Town Hall Auditorium on Apple\'s Campus — a venue which is suited to accommodate only a few hundred people.
On Topic: General
- Apple buys machine learning firm Perceptio, suggests development of imaging AI
- Week in review video: Remembering Steve Jobs, build cost of iPhone 6s, 'iRing' & more
- Four years after the death of Steve Jobs, Michael Fassbender talks about portraying an icon
- Irish minister says EU probe into Apple tax dodges should reach finding by end of 2015
- Laurene Powell Jobs 'repeatedly' tried to halt Universal's Steve Jobs film, report says