Briefly: Chili Peppers limited-edition iPod, Q2 earnings callApple Computer is offering its iTunes music fans a chance to win a limited-edition Red Hot Chili Peppers iPod and also recently announced the date for its second quarter financial conference call.
RHCP Special Edition iPod
As part of its recently announced iTunes promotion with rock band The Red Hot Chili Peppers, Apple plans to dish out a limited-edition Red Hot Chili Peppers iPod, tipsters have noted.
The Red Hot Chili Peppers Promotion is a sweepstakes in which shoppers who pre-order the Red Hot Chili Peppers\' new album \"Stadium Arcadium\" through the iTunes Music Store between 9:00 p.m. (PDT) on April 3, 2006 to 8:59 p.m. (PDT) on May 8, 2006, will be eligible to win a 60 GB iPod with the Bands signatures and logo engraved on the back.
The band and iTunes have also teamed up with Ticketmaster to offer a special concert ticket pre-sale for their upcoming North American tour.
Apple has posted the official contest rules to its Web site.
Apple sets earnings date
Meanwhile, Apple this weekend announced it will hold its Q2 conference call webcast discussing Q2 - 2006 financial results at 2pm PT/5pm ET on Wednesday, April 19, 2006.
The company will release the results just prior to the call. Analyst are expecting the Mac and iPod maker to post earnings of around 44 cents a share.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more