Briefly: PowerSchool sale; Xcode 2.3; Logic Express 7.2.1PowerSchool sale goes into effect June 1st
Apple Computer has agreed to sell its PowerSchool student information system (SIS) division to SASI\'s Pearson Assessments, tipsters tell AppleInsider.
Apple informed PowerSchool division employees of the sale, which will go into affect on June 1st, earlier this week. The move comes ahead of this year\'s PowerSchool University conferences in both San Francisco and Chicago.
PowerSchool was acquired by Apple in 2001 in a $62 million stock transaction. Its Web-based software system allows parents to keep tabs on their children\'s academic progress, including grades and attendance.
The terms of the deal were not disclosed and representatives for Pearson Assessments were unavailable for comment.
Apple releases Xcode 2.3
Apple on Tuesday released a minor update to its Xcode development environment for Mac OS X.
Xcode 2.3 (915MB) provides overall stability and performance enhancements to the Xcode IDE, and is a recommended update for all Xcode users, according to a brief set of release notes.
Apple updates Logic Express 7.2.1
Also on Tuesday, Apple released Logic Express 7.2.1 (16.6MB), which it says will enhanced reliability and compatibility in the professional audio application.
On Intel Macs, the release addresses issues with ReWire and ReCycle support, Standard MIDI file export, VSL EXS instrument compatibility.
It also offers enhancements for direct playback of MP3 files and compatibility with GarageBand 3 projects and Logic 7.1 songs in both the PowerPC and Intel versions.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Sept. 9 event confirmed, Tim Cook on China, Apple TV rumors & more
- Judge bars Apple, Samsung from further filings after rapid-fire case entries
- Johns Hopkins taps Apple Watch, ResearchKit for upcoming epilepsy study with eye on seizure prediction
- Apple, 161 other organizations lend aid to Pentagon on flexible electronics
- AppleInsider podcast analyzes what to expect at Apple's Sept. 9 event, Wall Street, 'Apple Car,' more