Briefly: PowerSchool sale; Xcode 2.3; Logic Express 7.2.1PowerSchool sale goes into effect June 1st
Apple Computer has agreed to sell its PowerSchool student information system (SIS) division to SASI\'s Pearson Assessments, tipsters tell AppleInsider.
Apple informed PowerSchool division employees of the sale, which will go into affect on June 1st, earlier this week. The move comes ahead of this year\'s PowerSchool University conferences in both San Francisco and Chicago.
PowerSchool was acquired by Apple in 2001 in a $62 million stock transaction. Its Web-based software system allows parents to keep tabs on their children\'s academic progress, including grades and attendance.
The terms of the deal were not disclosed and representatives for Pearson Assessments were unavailable for comment.
Apple releases Xcode 2.3
Apple on Tuesday released a minor update to its Xcode development environment for Mac OS X.
Xcode 2.3 (915MB) provides overall stability and performance enhancements to the Xcode IDE, and is a recommended update for all Xcode users, according to a brief set of release notes.
Apple updates Logic Express 7.2.1
Also on Tuesday, Apple released Logic Express 7.2.1 (16.6MB), which it says will enhanced reliability and compatibility in the professional audio application.
On Intel Macs, the release addresses issues with ReWire and ReCycle support, Standard MIDI file export, VSL EXS instrument compatibility.
It also offers enhancements for direct playback of MP3 files and compatibility with GarageBand 3 projects and Logic 7.1 songs in both the PowerPC and Intel versions.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music, Beats 1, new iPods, car plans & more
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage