Apple adds Warner Bros. favorites to iTunesWarner Bros. Home Entertainment Group and Apple Computer on Tuesday announced that classic hit programming from Warner Bros.' vast television library is now available for purchase and download on the iTunes Music Store.
The new content features favorites such as the hugely popular sitcom "Friends," sci-fi epic "Babylon 5" and some of the most popular sketches from "MADtv," as well as animated classics including "The Jetsons" and "The Flintstones."
Also available is the never-before-seen pilot episode of "Aquaman" — a grounded, contemporary reinterpretation of DC Comics' Aquaman mythology from the acclaimed writing/producing team of Alfred Gough and Miles Millar ("Smallville").
"We're thrilled to add hit programming from Warner Bros. as we continue to grow our video catalog with the best current and classic television programming," said Eddy Cue, Apple's vice president of iTunes. "iTunes is the world's most popular online video store with over 35 million videos sold."
Including the latest additions, iTunes now offers over 150 different TV shows for $1.99 per episode for viewing on a computer or iPod.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July