Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
DigiTimes floats new wireless iPod rumorsApple Computer may soon launch a new iPod that supports wireless capabilities, according to a Taiwan-based publication.
Citing market sources, the always intriguing but seldom accurate DigiTimes reports that the iPod maker is likely to introduce such a device in order to compete with Microsoft's planned year-end launch of its Zune-branded digital media player.
"Apple's headquarters has begun dispatching its staff to its major markets in Asia, to teach local sales how to demonstrate the new products," the report states.
However, Apple Taiwan has apparently flat out denied the report.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon