Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
DigiTimes floats new wireless iPod rumorsApple Computer may soon launch a new iPod that supports wireless capabilities, according to a Taiwan-based publication.
Citing market sources, the always intriguing but seldom accurate DigiTimes reports that the iPod maker is likely to introduce such a device in order to compete with Microsoft's planned year-end launch of its Zune-branded digital media player.
"Apple's headquarters has begun dispatching its staff to its major markets in Asia, to teach local sales how to demonstrate the new products," the report states.
However, Apple Taiwan has apparently flat out denied the report.
On Topic: General
- Tour Apple Inc's spaceship Campus 2 in extended aerial video
- Editorial: A friendlier Apple Inc now invites media through its Infinite Loop front door
- Apple launches iCloud Photos beta Web client ahead of iOS 8.1 rollout
- Full video of Jony Ive's Vanity Fair interview posted online
- Exclusive video: Apple's new "spaceship" Campus 2 is figuratively taking off