Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
DigiTimes floats new wireless iPod rumorsApple Computer may soon launch a new iPod that supports wireless capabilities, according to a Taiwan-based publication.
Citing market sources, the always intriguing but seldom accurate DigiTimes reports that the iPod maker is likely to introduce such a device in order to compete with Microsoft's planned year-end launch of its Zune-branded digital media player.
"Apple's headquarters has begun dispatching its staff to its major markets in Asia, to teach local sales how to demonstrate the new products," the report states.
However, Apple Taiwan has apparently flat out denied the report.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear at WSJDLive conference in October
- Apple chose to handle iOS 8 rollout with own content delivery network
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation
- Tim Cook touts new Apple privacy policies in open letter to customers
- Tim Cook explains consolidation at Apple in new interview