DigiTimes floats new wireless iPod rumorsApple Computer may soon launch a new iPod that supports wireless capabilities, according to a Taiwan-based publication.
Citing market sources, the always intriguing but seldom accurate DigiTimes reports that the iPod maker is likely to introduce such a device in order to compete with Microsoft's planned year-end launch of its Zune-branded digital media player.
"Apple's headquarters has begun dispatching its staff to its major markets in Asia, to teach local sales how to demonstrate the new products," the report states.
However, Apple Taiwan has apparently flat out denied the report.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast discusses new Macs, Apple Watch update & Wall Street analysts
- Rumor: Delayed Kanye West album could debut on Apple's streaming music service
- Regent Street Apple Store to undergo major renovations for more light, street visibility
- Apple's iCloud experiences hours-long global outage and service slowdowns [u]
- Apple invents adaptive eye-tracking 3D display, highly portable cellular hotspot