Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 10:00 am
DigiTimes floats new wireless iPod rumorsApple Computer may soon launch a new iPod that supports wireless capabilities, according to a Taiwan-based publication.
Citing market sources, the always intriguing but seldom accurate DigiTimes reports that the iPod maker is likely to introduce such a device in order to compete with Microsoft's planned year-end launch of its Zune-branded digital media player.
"Apple's headquarters has begun dispatching its staff to its major markets in Asia, to teach local sales how to demonstrate the new products," the report states.
However, Apple Taiwan has apparently flat out denied the report.
On Topic: General
- In-cell touch panel tech projected to remain a unique differentiator for Apple devices
- Apple patent chief departs amid major ongoing IP lawsuits
- Steve Jobs discusses his legacy in rare 1994 video interview
- Solar charging stations with Apple Lightning & 30-pin connectors come to New York
- Briefly: Jony Ive's title at Apple shortened to 'SVP of Design'