Wednesday, August 16, 2006, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
DigiTimes floats new wireless iPod rumorsApple Computer may soon launch a new iPod that supports wireless capabilities, according to a Taiwan-based publication.
Citing market sources, the always intriguing but seldom accurate DigiTimes reports that the iPod maker is likely to introduce such a device in order to compete with Microsoft's planned year-end launch of its Zune-branded digital media player.
"Apple's headquarters has begun dispatching its staff to its major markets in Asia, to teach local sales how to demonstrate the new products," the report states.
However, Apple Taiwan has apparently flat out denied the report.
On Topic: General
- LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]
- Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial
- Spotify adds new hardware partners for Apple AirPlay rival Spotify Connect
- LaCie unveils 48TB Thunderbolt 2 drive, Dropbox upgrades Pro plans to 1TB
- iPhone-controlled August Smart Lock finally starts shipping to preorder customers