Monday, August 28, 2006, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Gin Blossoms to rock Apple Store SoHo tonightAn alternative rock band popular in the 1990s has recently reunited and will swing by Apple Computer's retail store in downtown Manhattan this evening to play a one hour set.
Apple's flagship store in SoHo will be closing its second-floor Genius Bar at 7:00 p.m. to prepare for a special performance by the Gin Blossom, which is due to take place between 8:00 to 9:00 pm.
The Tempe, Arizona-based band released three albums and had several Billboard Top 25 hits, including "Hey Jealousy," "Found Out About You," and "Til I Hear It From You," before breaking up in 1997.
After reuniting in 2002, the group began work on their fourth album, "Major Lodge Victory", which was released about three weeks ago.
Apple's flagship location on Fifth Avenue, just a few minutes north of the SoHo store, is also a frequent host of music events. The 24-hour store earlier this month hosted a live Midnight Mix by Ali Shaheed, a popular DJ from the musical group A Tribe Called Quest.
(Image copyright: Garden Seeker Productions)
On Topic: General
- 'Historical implications' made Apple Watch more difficult to design than original iPhone, Jony Ive says
- Former head of Android Andy Rubin leaves Google to start tech hardware incubator
- Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak alongside Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay
- 'I'm proud to be gay,' Apple CEO Tim Cook says in open letter supporting equality