Tuesday, September 05, 2006, 08:30 am PT (11:30 am ET)
News flash: Apple confirms Sept 12 media eventIn a digital invitation sent out to US-based media this morning, Apple confirmed that it will hold a special event on September 12 to introduce new products and services.
"It's Showtime," reads the invite, which displays a two-dimensional white Apple logo swept by four crisscrossing Hollywood movie premiere spotlights on a navy blue background.
The event is scheduled for 10:00 am local time at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, Calif.
Apple is expected to use the event to usher in a new chapter in its digital media strategy, which should include new iMacs, iPods, iTunes movies and 'one more thing.'
The Apple Invite
The Yerba Buena Center Theater
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon