Tuesday, September 05, 2006, 08:30 am PT (11:30 am ET)
News flash: Apple confirms Sept 12 media eventIn a digital invitation sent out to US-based media this morning, Apple confirmed that it will hold a special event on September 12 to introduce new products and services.
"It's Showtime," reads the invite, which displays a two-dimensional white Apple logo swept by four crisscrossing Hollywood movie premiere spotlights on a navy blue background.
The event is scheduled for 10:00 am local time at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater in San Francisco, Calif.
Apple is expected to use the event to usher in a new chapter in its digital media strategy, which should include new iMacs, iPods, iTunes movies and 'one more thing.'
The Apple Invite
The Yerba Buena Center Theater
On Topic: General
- Google CEO Larry Page invokes Steve Jobs in interview, defends ambitious Google X projects
- 'Historical implications' made Apple Watch more difficult to design than original iPhone, Jony Ive says
- Former head of Android Andy Rubin leaves Google to start tech hardware incubator
- Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak alongside Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay