We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are available here.
Unboxing Apple's black 8GB second-gen iPod nanoDue to popular demand, AppleInsider is publishing a series of unpacking photos taken of Apple's top-of-the-line 8GB black iPod nano.
While arguably the sleekest looking of the second-generation iPod nano family due to its black-on-black motif, the 8GB model is otherwise identical in form and function to its lower-capacity cousins.
However, its anodized aluminum enclosure sports more of a matte finish than the candy-colored 4GB models, which tend to radiate a slight metallic sparkle under bright lights.
Also with the 8GB model, Apple uses black injection-molded plastic for the top and base of the player. The Click-Wheel is also black. On all other models, these portions of the player use white plastics.
The second-generation iPod nano continues to ship in somewhat limited quantities. Most Apple retail stores have so far kept their allotment of the new players behind the sales counter.
Retail stores are also refusing to offer educational and other discounts on the players. Similarly, the new nanos do not qualify for any existing Apple rebates.
On Wednesday, AppleInsider also posted high-quality photos of the green 4GB iPod nano.
On Topic: General
- Apple-exclusive enhanced 'Game of Thrones' ebook arrives on iBooks store
- AI initiative counts Google, Microsoft, IBM among its ranks, Apple declines invite
- Trade-in Deal: $10 cash bonus when you sell your old iPhone or Apple Watch to BuyBackWorld
- Eddy Cue talks music with Bruce Springsteen at Apple's SoHo store
- Chinese media, government confirms Apple research center in Beijing tech corridor