Tuesday, October 31, 2006, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
High-quality photos of Apple's Core 2 Duo MacBook ProApple Computer's first Core 2 Duo-based notebook systems began arriving in retail shops and on customer's doorsteps late last week, providing the opportunity for some high-quality photographs (below).
The new MacBook Pros run at speeds of up to 2.33GHz dual-core and come standard with 2GB of RAM and 160GB drives on two of the three models.
Though similar to their Core Duo predecessors, the new models sport a number of internal alterations such as a hard disk noise dampener, a new AirPort Extreme wireless card and altered audio hardware, all of which were detailed in our Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro special report.
A series of unpacking photos of a high-end 15-inch Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro follow:
On Topic: General
- Apple Stores offering free 'Hour of Code' development classes this Wednesday
- Apple joins Google, Microsoft, others in support of government surveillance reform
- Apple honors Nelson Mandela on company homepage
- In lieu of a Retina Thunderbolt Display, Apple now selling 4K IGZO Sharp LED monitor
- First look: Using iBeacon location awareness at an Apple Store