Apple security finds leak inside Cupertino campusApple Computer this week was able to locate and do away with a leak at its Cupertino, Calif.-based campus thanks to some swift action by a night patrol security guard.
According to the ABC Bay City News, California Water Service Co. crews are cleaning up what's left of a major water leak that left more than a foot of water lining the floor of one of the company's building at its Cupertino campus early Wednesday morning.
At one point more than 100 gallons of water per minute were flooding into the building from a leak under the first floor, a Santa Clara County Fire Department dispatcher said.
The leak was first reported at 12:55 a.m. Wednesday when a security guard called to report that water was coming out of a wall in the building, according to ABC. It was later determined that the leak was coming from under the building.
California Water Service Co. crews reportedly shut off the water at approximately 2:30 a.m. and were working to clean up damaged areas of the building, the dispatcher said.
On Topic: General
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book laptop & Surface Pro 4 tablet with new Surface Pen
- From analog to digital: How Danny Boyle's 'Steve Jobs' captures the rapid advancement of technology
- Apple's angled camera concept could enable virtual keyboard docks
- Microsoft exec jabs at Apple, tweets drawing of 'converged' toaster and refrigerator
- Apple buys machine learning firm Perceptio, suggests development of imaging AI