Apple to air 'special' Super Bowl ad on Feb. 4 - reportA deal between Apple Inc. and Apple Corps to bring the legendary music catalog of The Beatles to iTunes could see an announcement in the form of a Super Bowl commercial, according to a report published Wednesday.
Citing "sources with knowledge of the project," the Toronto Sun said remastered tracks from the British Fab Four's United Kingdom CD back catalogue are slated to be made available for downloading from Apple's iTunes Store as soon as next month.
Apple plans a "special" announcement scheduled for a Super Bowl commercial on Feb. 4, which may give more indication as to where the new remastered CDs will debut first, the paper said.
Echoing a report from Tuesday, the Sun also reported that the arrangement between the two Apples is for an exclusive three-month restricted distribution deal through iTunes that would likely prolong the release the actual remastered CDs.
Tuesday's report suggested that Apple Corps would make at least some of the British rock group's music collection available through iTunes on Valentine's Day, providing a convenient means of promoting the band's recent Cirque du Soleil project, Love.
Apple Corps and UK record label EMI reportedly declined to comment on the report.
On Topic: General
- IBM extends Watson cognitive capabilities to MobileFirst for iOS apps
- Apple makes slow pivot to India as China sales cool
- Tim Cook says Apple is interested in both content creation and ownership
- Apple testing AR-based car navigation and self-driving software with virtual reality rigs - report
- WiGig gets official certification, promises speeds up to 8Gbps