Briefly: Apple denies report of Apple TV delaysApple on Monday rejected reports that it would delay the release of its Apple TV wireless streaming media hub, saying the first shipments remain on track for later this month.
"We're still planning to release Apple TV in February, as announced" an Apple spokeswoman told vnunet.
The spokeswoman was responding to an Internet report published friday, which said the roll-out of the $299 wireless video hubs would see delays into the second week of March.
Of similar note, Macworld UK had also reported that its request for a test unit would not be filled until next month.
People who placed pre-orders for an Apple TV through the Apple online store have each been given a date of Feb 28.
Apple had issued the same date to customers who placed orders for the AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wireless Base Stations but later made adjustments when the product began shipping.
On Topic: General
- Jony Ive explains Apple's interest in wearables, design philosophy at Met Gala 2016
- Apple hires Google X lab cofounder, former Nest head of technology to work on health projects
- Apple releases fourth betas of iOS 9.3.2, OS X 10.11.5 to developers, public testers [u]
- Fiat Chrysler, Google partnering on self-driving prototypes based on Pacifica minivan
- Apple patent hints next-gen Apple Pencil to sport swappable nibs, Touch ID, 'eraser' & more