Shares of Apple upgraded to Buy at CitigroupShares of Apple Inc. rose slightly in early morning trading on Monday after an analyst at Citigroup said several near-term product catalysts make the stock look attractive at current levels.
In a research note sent to clients, analyst Richard Gardner upgraded shares of the Cupertino-based company to Buy from Hold while maintaining his 12-month price target of $105.
"There are several meaningful product catalysts around the corner, including Apple TV, Adobe Create Suite 3, Mac OS X Leopard and iPhone," he wrote.
The analyst added that he also expects "significant gross margin upside" during the company's current fiscal quarter due to rapid declines in flash memory and DRAM pricing.
"While there could be 'headline' risk associated with the options back-dating investigation and digital rights management posturing, risk/reward appears compelling following a pullback from $98 to $83," Gardner wrote.
"We believe clients should begin building positions at current prices, while any first-half weakness would simply represent an enhanced opportunity to increase positions."
Shares of Apple rose $1.13 or 1.36 percent to $83.27 on the Nasdaq stock market.
On Topic: General
- KGI: iPhone sales forecast at 73M for Q4 ahead of Apple Watch debut in March, 12" MacBook Air in Q1
- I Bet My Life: Microsoft HoloLens perfectly targets its core competency
- Huge crowds gather for Apple Store grnd opening in Hangzhou, China
- Apple features calligrapher who created Hangzhou Apple Store mural in 'About the Artist' video
- T-Mobile to extend smartphone financing to customers with bad or no credit