Apple snatches new advertising director from Nike accountApple Inc. has lure Rebecca Van Dyck, the longtime global account director on the Nike business at Wieden + Kennedy, away from the advertising firm and appointed her its new director of worldwide advertising, an online report said Wednesday.
Citing sources, AdWeek said Van Dyck has already begun operations at her new position at Apple.
"We are a huge fan of hers here, and she left on great terms," a representative from Wieden told the publication. "Her job at Apple was a 'can't-pass' opportunity."
In her 12 years at the independent Wieden agency, Van Dyck reportedly worked exclusively on the Nike brand. During her last four years at the firm, she was awarded global oversight for the flagship business," AdWeek reported.
Apple last year spent $285 million in U.S. measured media, nearly double the $150 million it spent in 2005.
On Topic: iPod
- AI readers pick: Your favorite news app for iPhone and iPad is Apple News
- AI readers pick: The best note taking app for iOS is Apple Notes
- Apple issues rare software update for 7th-gen iPod nano devices
- How to choose between a new iPod touch and an iPad mini 3
- New iPod touch teardown shows power optimizations, no sapphire camera lens cover