Briefly: Apple to air iPhone ad during tonight's OscarsApple Inc. will use Sunday's Academy Awards show to air its first television advertisement for the iPhone, according to Macworld.
The spot is described as a "teaser advertisement" that was created specifically for the awards show. However, no further details were reported.
The Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars, is the most prominent and most watched film awards ceremony in the world, drawing 38.59 million viewers from 26.57 million households in 2006.
The 79th Academy Awards telecast will air on ABC this Sunday at 8 p.m. Eastern.
On Topic: General
- Judge rules Apple entitled to potential ongoing royalties from patent-infringing Samsung products
- Union pushes Apple for better treatment of campus security guards
- More secrets could come from GT Advanced bankruptcy as Apple divulges details to creditors
- Google's search deal with Apple expires in early 2015, could bring new default to Safari
- Facebook details upcoming privacy changes with notifications to users on mobile & desktop