Briefly: Apple to air iPhone ad during tonight's OscarsApple Inc. will use Sunday's Academy Awards show to air its first television advertisement for the iPhone, according to Macworld.
The spot is described as a "teaser advertisement" that was created specifically for the awards show. However, no further details were reported.
The Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars, is the most prominent and most watched film awards ceremony in the world, drawing 38.59 million viewers from 26.57 million households in 2006.
The 79th Academy Awards telecast will air on ABC this Sunday at 8 p.m. Eastern.
On Topic: General
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July