Briefly: Apple to air iPhone ad during tonight's OscarsApple Inc. will use Sunday's Academy Awards show to air its first television advertisement for the iPhone, according to Macworld.
The spot is described as a "teaser advertisement" that was created specifically for the awards show. However, no further details were reported.
The Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars, is the most prominent and most watched film awards ceremony in the world, drawing 38.59 million viewers from 26.57 million households in 2006.
The 79th Academy Awards telecast will air on ABC this Sunday at 8 p.m. Eastern.
On Topic: General
- First look: Fitbit Charge HR fitness band with real-time heart rate sensor
- Google announces 40 new third-party integrations for Siri competitor Google Now
- Apple's new Chongqing store shown off in photos ahead of Saturday opening
- AppleInsider's official podcast kicks off with analysis of the week's top Apple stories
- Apple, Google & Amazon settle with Italian government over 'misleading' free apps with in-app purchases