Briefly: Apple to air iPhone ad during tonight's OscarsApple Inc. will use Sunday's Academy Awards show to air its first television advertisement for the iPhone, according to Macworld.
The spot is described as a "teaser advertisement" that was created specifically for the awards show. However, no further details were reported.
The Academy Awards, popularly known as the Oscars, is the most prominent and most watched film awards ceremony in the world, drawing 38.59 million viewers from 26.57 million households in 2006.
The 79th Academy Awards telecast will air on ABC this Sunday at 8 p.m. Eastern.
On Topic: General
- Google to launch own 'Nexus'-like carrier network to push innovations in wireless
- Tim Cook discusses Steve Jobs, personal privacy, and Apple's role as a social leader
- Apple's next Chinese Apple Store to open in Chongqing on March 7
- Shuttle drivers at Apple, other Silicon Valley tech companies vote for Teamsters representation
- Apple's Tim Cook takes hardline stance against consumer data sharing, government snooping and terrorism