Thursday, March 01, 2007, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple to hold special event at NABApple Inc. will hold a special event at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show on Sunday, April 15, according to reports.
The Cupertino-based Mac maker offered no details on what, if anything, will be announced at the event, according to Macworld. However, past company presentations at the conference have been given way to launch significant product announcements.
In 2005, Apple used the NAB conference to launch Final Cut Studio and Soundtrack Pro. Recent rumors have suggest the company may be readying a significant update to Final Cut Pro for this year's show. A brawny revision to the Mac Pro also remains ripe for the picking, and could coincide with the company's announcements.
As has been the case in recent years, Apple will command a large show floor presence at NAB, with a mammoth booth located near the entrance to the South Hall.
NAB 2007 runs April 14-19 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
On Topic: General
- Google agreed to pick up tab for some Samsung legal fees, take on liability in case of loss
- Lytro's next-gen $1500 Illum 'light-field' camera bolstered by dedicated Mac software, Aperture support
- Apple tech takes on distracted driving, blocks users from texting while behind the wheel
- Apple print ad touts environmental responsibility, pokes fun at Samsung [u]
- Apple Store logos and employee uniforms go green for Earth Day