Thursday, March 01, 2007, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
Apple to hold special event at NABApple Inc. will hold a special event at the National Association of Broadcasters (NAB) trade show on Sunday, April 15, according to reports.
The Cupertino-based Mac maker offered no details on what, if anything, will be announced at the event, according to Macworld. However, past company presentations at the conference have been given way to launch significant product announcements.
In 2005, Apple used the NAB conference to launch Final Cut Studio and Soundtrack Pro. Recent rumors have suggest the company may be readying a significant update to Final Cut Pro for this year's show. A brawny revision to the Mac Pro also remains ripe for the picking, and could coincide with the company's announcements.
As has been the case in recent years, Apple will command a large show floor presence at NAB, with a mammoth booth located near the entrance to the South Hall.
NAB 2007 runs April 14-19 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
On Topic: General
- Apple to open 12th Chinese retail store in Wuxi's Center 66 mall next week
- Apple's e-wallet could debut as soon as this fall, possibly with 'iPhone 6'
- Apple hit with class action lawsuit over alleged labor violations, more than 20K plaintiffs involved
- Apple completed 29 acquisitions in past nine months, not including Beats
- NBA star Kobe Bryant discusses day with Apple's Jony Ive set up by simple cold call