Apple releases Mac OS X 10.4.9 UpdateApple on Tuesday released Mac OS X 10.4.9, a recommended update for all PowerPC and Intel-based Mac computers currently running versions of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
Mac OS X 10.4.9 Client
The company said Mac OS X 10.4.9 includes general operating system fixes, as well as specific fixes or compatibility updates for the following applications and technologies:
The update is available for download through the Software Update mechanism located under the Apple menu on computers running Mac OS X. It's also available direct from Apple's website in the form of a 72MB download for PowerPC-based Macs running Mac OS X 10.4.8 and a 160MB download for Intel-based Macs running Mac OS X 10.4.8.
Mac systems running older versions of Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger can grab heftier combo updaters for both PowerPC (163MB) and Intel Macs (310MB).
Mac OS X 10.4.9 Server
Along with the Mac OS X 10.4.9 Client release, Apple on Tuesday also released Mac OS X 10.4.9 Server. The update is recommended for all Apple servers running versions Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger and includes fixes for the operating system and various applications, services and technologies, including:
The server update is available as a 127MB download for PowerPC-based Mac servers running Mac OS X Server 10.4.8 and as a 249MB Universal download for both PowerPC and Intel Mac servers running Mac OS X Server 10.4.8.
Again, Apple also provides larger combo updaters for Mac servers running an earlier version of Mac OS X 10.4 Server. The PowerPC Combo updater weighs in as a 216MB download and the Universal version as a 350MB download.
On Topic: General
- Judge rules Apple entitled to potential ongoing royalties from patent-infringing Samsung products
- Union pushes Apple for better treatment of campus security guards
- More secrets could come from GT Advanced bankruptcy as Apple divulges details to creditors
- Google's search deal with Apple expires in early 2015, could bring new default to Safari
- Facebook details upcoming privacy changes with notifications to users on mobile & desktop