Apple patches issues with iTunes 7.1.1 releaseApple Inc. on Friday afternoon released a minor update to its iTunes jukebox software to address a handful of minor issues that have surfaced within the release of iTunes 7.1.
"iTunes 7.1.1 addresses a stability issue and minor compatibility problems in iTunes 7.1," the company wrote in a brief set of release notes accompanying the software.
The maintenance release is available from the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism and has also been posted to Apple's support site as a 28MB download for Macs and a 36.1MB download for Windows PCs.
Apple did not say whether Friday's update addresses any of the persisting incompatibilities between iTunes and Microsoft's new Vista operating system.
Earlier this week, the Cupertino-based company released iPod Reset Utility 1.0 which allows owners of its first- and second-generation iPod shuffles to restore the players back to their factory settings.
The reset utility is available for both Mac and Windows.
On Topic: General
- Band of thieves swipe $13K in iPhones from busy Apple store
- AT&T reportedly held informal talks to buy Time Warner
- Unimplemented one-handed keyboard found in Xcode iOS debugging tool
- Nintendo doubles down on portables, reveals Nintendo Switch tablet-based console
- Google signs up CBS for upcoming YouTube Unplugged live TV service - report