Apple patches issues with iTunes 7.1.1 releaseApple Inc. on Friday afternoon released a minor update to its iTunes jukebox software to address a handful of minor issues that have surfaced within the release of iTunes 7.1.
"iTunes 7.1.1 addresses a stability issue and minor compatibility problems in iTunes 7.1," the company wrote in a brief set of release notes accompanying the software.
The maintenance release is available from the Mac OS X Software Update mechanism and has also been posted to Apple's support site as a 28MB download for Macs and a 36.1MB download for Windows PCs.
Apple did not say whether Friday's update addresses any of the persisting incompatibilities between iTunes and Microsoft's new Vista operating system.
Earlier this week, the Cupertino-based company released iPod Reset Utility 1.0 which allows owners of its first- and second-generation iPod shuffles to restore the players back to their factory settings.
The reset utility is available for both Mac and Windows.
On Topic: General
- Apple invents active shutter system to protect iPhones from liquid, contaminants
- AppleInsider podcast talks Apple Pencil, official Apple Watch dock and safe payments practices
- Apple airs 2015 Christmas TV ad starring Stevie Wonder & Andra Daye
- Apple confirms acquisition of motion capture firm Faceshift
- DisneyLife online streaming service launches in UK with iOS & Apple TV support