Apple, Jobs and EMI set to unveil 'new digital offering'Apple chief executive Steve Jobs will appear at a joint EMI and Apple press conference on Monday to make a special announcement, Macworld UK is reporting.
Jobs will reportedly join EMI CEO Eric Nicoli at the event, which takes place at EMI's London headquarters
"Please join EMI Group CEO Eric Nicoli at EMIs headquarters on Monday 2 April at 1pm London/8am New York time to hear about an exciting new digital offering, with special guest, Apple CEO Steve Jobs," said invitations distributed to journalists on Sunday.
Though speculation would suggest such an event may involve an announcement regarding The Beatles' music catalog and iTunes, Macworld UK cites sources who warn that Monday's announcement is unrelated to that matter.
The Apple trade publication added that a special live performance by an unannounced artist will also be featured.
An audio webcast of the press conference will be made available at the EMI Group's website.
Update: The BBC has also picked up on the story, and suggests the announcement is likely to be Beatles-related.
On Topic: iTunes
- Revenue from Apple Music, Apple Pay & other Apple services jumps 24 percent in Q4
- Kanye West blames conflict between Apple Music & Tidal for missing projects
- Apple's Beats 1 head DJ Zane Lowe giving music keynote at 2017 SXSW
- Apple debuts Apple Music ad touting revamped UI, custom playlists, Beats 1
- Jimmy Iovine talks past, future of Apple Music in new interview