Sunday, June 03, 2007, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple commercial confirms iPhone available June 29thA new AT&T Wireless commercial advertises that Apple's much-anticipated iPhone device will be available beginning June 29th.
The spot, which ran on CBS at approximately 7:00 p.m. eastern time,
includes a brief demonstration of some iPhone functions. It ends with an Apple-branded splash screen that states:
"Coming June 29"
AppleInsider recently cited sources in saying that Apple planned to launch the inaugural Apple handset on Friday, June 29th.
On Topic: General
- Apple expected to buy personalized talk radio app Swell for $30 million
- European Commission OKs Apple's $3B purchase of Beats
- Apple acquires startup BookLamp for between $10M to $15M in bid to bolster iBooks discovery
- Amazon stock dips after anaemic third quarter, tepid reception for Fire Phone
- Bose files lawsuit against Apple's Beats over noise canceling tech