Tuesday, June 05, 2007, 07:00 am PT (10:00 am ET)
Apple launches "Major in Mac" back-to-school promoApple Inc. on Tuesday launched its annual back-to-school promotion offering students and teachers significant discounts on new iPods (or a free iPod nano) when they purchase of a qualifying Mac system through mid-September.
Qualified education customers who purchase a new MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, or Mac Pro using their education discount and also purchase an iPod or iPod nano will receive up to $199 back after mail-in rebate.
To be eligible for participation, individuals must buy a qualifying Mac and a qualifying iPod on the same sales receipt or invoice from June 5, 2007 through September 16, 2007. The offer is available only on purchases of new products and includes all Macintosh computers except for the Mac mini.
Participants must also purchase the qualifying products from the online Apple Store for Education Individuals, a retail Apple Store, Apple Telesales, or a participating Apple Authorized Campus Store located in the United States or District of Columbia.
Additional promo details are available in a set of frequently asked questions.
Apple is allowing participants to process their rebate online for fastest processing. Or download and mail the rebate form.
The Cupertino-based company on Tuesday also rolled-out a new line of professional MacBook Pro notebooks featuring Santa Rosa-based underpinnings and the industry's first LED backlit displays (on the 15-inch models).
On Topic: General
- LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]
- Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial
- Spotify adds new hardware partners for Apple AirPlay rival Spotify Connect
- LaCie unveils 48TB Thunderbolt 2 drive, Dropbox upgrades Pro plans to 1TB
- iPhone-controlled August Smart Lock finally starts shipping to preorder customers