Thursday, June 07, 2007, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Boot Camp 1.3 beta adds new drivers, Apple remote pairingAhead of its Worldwide Developers Conference on Monday, Apple has released an update to its Boot Camp dual-boot software that adds new graphics drivers among other improvements.
The 274MB release also delivers support for keyboard backlighting (MacBook Pro only), Apple Remote pairing, improved Boot Camp driver installer, improved international keyboard support, and localization fixes.
The beta software, which will be included in Apple's upcoming Mac OS X Leopard operating system release, allows users of Intel-based Macs to install and run versions of rival Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating system.
At its annual developers conference on Monday, the Cupertino-based Mac maker is expected to provide an update on Leopard as well as major enhancements to Boot Camp that have remained under wraps for the past 10 months.
Apple last updated its Boot Camp beta in March when it added support for Windows Vista.
On Topic: General
- Apple Stores offering free 'Hour of Code' development classes this Wednesday
- Apple joins Google, Microsoft, others in support of government surveillance reform
- Apple honors Nelson Mandela on company homepage
- In lieu of a Retina Thunderbolt Display, Apple now selling 4K IGZO Sharp LED monitor
- First look: Using iBeacon location awareness at an Apple Store