Thursday, June 07, 2007, 12:00 pm PT (03:00 pm ET)
Boot Camp 1.3 beta adds new drivers, Apple remote pairingAhead of its Worldwide Developers Conference on Monday, Apple has released an update to its Boot Camp dual-boot software that adds new graphics drivers among other improvements.
The 274MB release also delivers support for keyboard backlighting (MacBook Pro only), Apple Remote pairing, improved Boot Camp driver installer, improved international keyboard support, and localization fixes.
The beta software, which will be included in Apple's upcoming Mac OS X Leopard operating system release, allows users of Intel-based Macs to install and run versions of rival Microsoft Corp.'s Windows operating system.
At its annual developers conference on Monday, the Cupertino-based Mac maker is expected to provide an update on Leopard as well as major enhancements to Boot Camp that have remained under wraps for the past 10 months.
Apple last updated its Boot Camp beta in March when it added support for Windows Vista.
On Topic: General
- Apple files cross-appeal of final judgment in case against Samsung
- Apple, Samsung sued by ZiiLABS over alleged infringement of graphics patents
- Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store
- Apple to open small stores in India, focus on entry-level iOS devices in battle for growing market
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance