iPhones roll into Apple Store Fifth Ave. in Manhattan (photos)It's so close now you can almost feel the chill of freshly brushed aluminum against your palm. There's less than two hours before Apple cuts the ribbon on the largest consumer electronics launch in history.
About an hour ago, iPhones could be seen rolling into the company's flagship shop in Midtown Manhattan (thanks, Alex). Staffers ushered the gadgets into the showroom of the subterranean retail shop on Fifth Avenue using push carts — the iPhones themselves on top, nestled ever so delicately between layers of protective cloth.
The rumor floating by way of MacNN is that the first 50 people at each Apple Store will receive "a special gift" in addition being some of the first to claim an iPhone.
On Topic: General
- KGI: iPhone sales forecast at 73M for Q4 ahead of Apple Watch debut in March, 12" MacBook Air in Q1
- I Bet My Life: Microsoft HoloLens perfectly targets its core competency
- Huge crowds gather for Apple Store grnd opening in Hangzhou, China
- Apple features calligrapher who created Hangzhou Apple Store mural in 'About the Artist' video
- T-Mobile to extend smartphone financing to customers with bad or no credit