iPhones roll into Apple Store Fifth Ave. in Manhattan (photos)It's so close now you can almost feel the chill of freshly brushed aluminum against your palm. There's less than two hours before Apple cuts the ribbon on the largest consumer electronics launch in history.
About an hour ago, iPhones could be seen rolling into the company's flagship shop in Midtown Manhattan (thanks, Alex). Staffers ushered the gadgets into the showroom of the subterranean retail shop on Fifth Avenue using push carts — the iPhones themselves on top, nestled ever so delicately between layers of protective cloth.
The rumor floating by way of MacNN is that the first 50 people at each Apple Store will receive "a special gift" in addition being some of the first to claim an iPhone.
On Topic: General
- Apple Stores suffering from 'cult' atmosphere, advancement barriers, says UK staffer
- This week on AI: New MacBook Pro rumors, Apple's answer to Echo, Apple Car charging & more
- Apple details efforts to ease environmental impact at Irish data center
- Jawbone said to end fitness tracker sales, may sell off speaker business [u]
- AirPort Extreme, Time Capsule pulled from U.S. Apple Stores