Friday, June 29, 2007, 01:00 pm PT (04:00 pm ET)
iPhones roll into Apple Store Fifth Ave. in Manhattan (photos)It's so close now you can almost feel the chill of freshly brushed aluminum against your palm. There's less than two hours before Apple cuts the ribbon on the largest consumer electronics launch in history.
About an hour ago, iPhones could be seen rolling into the company's flagship shop in Midtown Manhattan (thanks, Alex). Staffers ushered the gadgets into the showroom of the subterranean retail shop on Fifth Avenue using push carts — the iPhones themselves on top, nestled ever so delicately between layers of protective cloth.
The rumor floating by way of MacNN is that the first 50 people at each Apple Store will receive "a special gift" in addition being some of the first to claim an iPhone.
On Topic: General
- Apple files cross-appeal of final judgment in case against Samsung
- Apple, Samsung sued by ZiiLABS over alleged infringement of graphics patents
- Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store
- Apple to open small stores in India, focus on entry-level iOS devices in battle for growing market
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance