iPhones roll into Apple Store Fifth Ave. in Manhattan (photos)It's so close now you can almost feel the chill of freshly brushed aluminum against your palm. There's less than two hours before Apple cuts the ribbon on the largest consumer electronics launch in history.
About an hour ago, iPhones could be seen rolling into the company's flagship shop in Midtown Manhattan (thanks, Alex). Staffers ushered the gadgets into the showroom of the subterranean retail shop on Fifth Avenue using push carts — the iPhones themselves on top, nestled ever so delicately between layers of protective cloth.
The rumor floating by way of MacNN is that the first 50 people at each Apple Store will receive "a special gift" in addition being some of the first to claim an iPhone.
On Topic: General
- Apple patent adds magnetic drive actuation to UK-style folding pin USB adapter
- Apple's push into automotive spurs race to cash in on car-as-device gold rush
- Apple to reportedly debut co-designed third-party accessory packaging at Apple Stores next week
- Rapper recorded album by posting up at NYC Apple Store every day for 4 months
- Google's Waze mapping service launches carpooling trial in Israel