Friday, July 13, 2007, 09:25 am PT (12:25 pm ET)
MacBook Pro EFI Firmware 1.3, Firmware Restoration CD updatesApple on Thursday evening released an EFI Firmware update for the latest iteration of its MacBook Pro notebooks and also issued a new version of its Firmware Restoration CD for use with all Intel-based Macs.
MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.3
MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.3 [1.8MB] fixes a display issue on 2.2/2.4GHz 15-inch MacBook Pro models, which were released last month.
Apple said the update requires MacBook Pro Software Update 1.0, but otherwise provided no further information on the release.
Firmware Restoration CD 1.3
Firmware Restoration CD 1.3 [22.5MB] can be used to restore the firmware of an Intel-based Macintosh computer. However, Apple says the CD can only be used to restore the firmware after an interrupted or failed update.
"If your computer is already in this state, youll need to download the software and create the CD on another Macintosh computer, or you can take your computer to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to restore your firmware," the company advises. "This CD can be created on both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macintosh computers."
Firmware Restoration CD 1.3 cannot be used to return an Intel-based Macintosh computers firmware to a previous version if a successful update has already been performed.
Those users who feel they may need to run the Firmware Restoration software can find detailed instructions on how to create and run a Restoration CD from Apple's support site.
On Topic: General
- European Commission finds Ireland's tax deal with Apple amounts to illegal state aid
- Apple patents glasses-free interactive holographic touchscreen display
- Apple's Beats sues Steven Lamar for claiming 'cofounder' status to sell new headphones
- Apple reports all iCloud services down for some users worldwide [ux2]
- GoPro's new iPhone-connected Hero4 wearable camera captures 4K video at 30fps