MacBook Pro EFI Firmware 1.3, Firmware Restoration CD updatesApple on Thursday evening released an EFI Firmware update for the latest iteration of its MacBook Pro notebooks and also issued a new version of its Firmware Restoration CD for use with all Intel-based Macs.
MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.3
MacBook Pro EFI Firmware Update 1.3 [1.8MB] fixes a display issue on 2.2/2.4GHz 15-inch MacBook Pro models, which were released last month.
Apple said the update requires MacBook Pro Software Update 1.0, but otherwise provided no further information on the release.
Firmware Restoration CD 1.3
Firmware Restoration CD 1.3 [22.5MB] can be used to restore the firmware of an Intel-based Macintosh computer. However, Apple says the CD can only be used to restore the firmware after an interrupted or failed update.
"If your computer is already in this state, youll need to download the software and create the CD on another Macintosh computer, or you can take your computer to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to restore your firmware," the company advises. "This CD can be created on both PowerPC- and Intel-based Macintosh computers."
Firmware Restoration CD 1.3 cannot be used to return an Intel-based Macintosh computers firmware to a previous version if a successful update has already been performed.
Those users who feel they may need to run the Firmware Restoration software can find detailed instructions on how to create and run a Restoration CD from Apple's support site.
On Topic: General
- Google's Nest team helps create Brillo & Weave, to simplify the connected Internet of Things
- A history of Jony Ive at Apple: From consultant to Chief Design Officer
- Jawbone sues Fitbit for 'systematically plundering' confidential data
- FCC chairman to propose broadband subsidy for low-income Americans
- Appeals court denies Apple's bid to remove antitrust monitor in e-books case