Apple ships some iPhone Bluetooth headsetsApple Inc. this week began shipping its long-awaited wireless Bluetooth headset that was designed to be paired alongside iPhone, according to several reader reports.
The $129 add-on turned up at several Apple retail stores earlier this week, all of which appear to have sold out of their initial inventory. Several stores contacted by AppleInsider said they expect additional shipments to arrive in the coming days.
Each Apple Bluetooth headset comes with the iPhone Duo Dock (for charging the iPhone and headset simultaneously), as well as a USB travel cord.
The headset itself is said to contain a MagSafe adapter on the far end that magnetically secures the device to the Duo Dock or travel cord. When both the iPhone and headset are connected to the Duo Dock, the iPhone will display charge levels of both the iPhone battery and the headset battery on its touch screen.
Also included with the Apple Bluetooth headset are earpads to help fit the accessory to various ear sizes. The headset, however, does not function as a wireless earphone under the iPhone's iPod mode.
Some photos follow:
On Topic: General
- Samsung profits bounce back after 2-year slide, boosted by chips instead of phones
- Antitrust monitor again bemoans Apple's lack of cooperation in final report
- Microsoft's retail store chain flounders in stark contrast to busy Apple Stores
- Microsoft debuts Lumia 950 & 950XL phones, Display Dock, Band 2 fitness tracker
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book laptop & Surface Pro 4 tablet with new Surface Pen