Tuesday, July 24, 2007, 09:00 am PT (12:00 pm ET)
Apple ships some iPhone Bluetooth headsetsApple Inc. this week began shipping its long-awaited wireless Bluetooth headset that was designed to be paired alongside iPhone, according to several reader reports.
The $129 add-on turned up at several Apple retail stores earlier this week, all of which appear to have sold out of their initial inventory. Several stores contacted by AppleInsider said they expect additional shipments to arrive in the coming days.
Each Apple Bluetooth headset comes with the iPhone Duo Dock (for charging the iPhone and headset simultaneously), as well as a USB travel cord.
The headset itself is said to contain a MagSafe adapter on the far end that magnetically secures the device to the Duo Dock or travel cord. When both the iPhone and headset are connected to the Duo Dock, the iPhone will display charge levels of both the iPhone battery and the headset battery on its touch screen.
Also included with the Apple Bluetooth headset are earpads to help fit the accessory to various ear sizes. The headset, however, does not function as a wireless earphone under the iPhone's iPod mode.
Some photos follow:
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple