Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple's iTunes Store: 3 billion servedApple said Tuesday that more than three billion songs have been purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store since its inception back in April of 2003.
The Apple download service has grown into the worlds most popular online music, TV and movie store — featuring a catalog of over five million songs, 550 television shows and 500 movies.
Wed like to thank all of our customers who have contributed to this incredible milestone, said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of iTunes.
The iTunes Store also recently surpassed Amazon and Target to become the third largest music retailer in the US.
On Topic: General
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple
- Traffic from Apple's unannounced iOS 8, OS X 10.10 remains steady ahead of WWDC 2014
- Apple's Rockstar patent consortium denied request to transfer Google suit to Texas