Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple's iTunes Store: 3 billion servedApple said Tuesday that more than three billion songs have been purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store since its inception back in April of 2003.
The Apple download service has grown into the worlds most popular online music, TV and movie store — featuring a catalog of over five million songs, 550 television shows and 500 movies.
Wed like to thank all of our customers who have contributed to this incredible milestone, said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of iTunes.
The iTunes Store also recently surpassed Amazon and Target to become the third largest music retailer in the US.
On Topic: General
- Google CEO Larry Page invokes Steve Jobs in interview, defends ambitious Google X projects
- 'Historical implications' made Apple Watch more difficult to design than original iPhone, Jony Ive says
- Former head of Android Andy Rubin leaves Google to start tech hardware incubator
- Seth Rogen to play Steve Wozniak alongside Christian Bale's Steve Jobs
- President Bill Clinton, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella & others praise Apple CEO Tim Cook for publicly announcing he is gay