Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple's iTunes Store: 3 billion servedApple said Tuesday that more than three billion songs have been purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store since its inception back in April of 2003.
The Apple download service has grown into the worlds most popular online music, TV and movie store — featuring a catalog of over five million songs, 550 television shows and 500 movies.
Wed like to thank all of our customers who have contributed to this incredible milestone, said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of iTunes.
The iTunes Store also recently surpassed Amazon and Target to become the third largest music retailer in the US.
On Topic: General
- Judge denies Apple bid to recover attorneys' fees from Samsung, releases $2.6M bond related to Galaxy Tab 10.1 ban
- Apple's largest store yet will be its first in the Middle East - report
- Steve Ballmer leaves Microsoft board to concentrate on other responsibilities
- Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac launches with OS X 10.10 Yosemite support, speed boosts, more
- Apple exec Eddy Cue puts Los Altos, Calif., home on the market for nearly $4M