Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple's iTunes Store: 3 billion servedApple said Tuesday that more than three billion songs have been purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store since its inception back in April of 2003.
The Apple download service has grown into the worlds most popular online music, TV and movie store — featuring a catalog of over five million songs, 550 television shows and 500 movies.
Wed like to thank all of our customers who have contributed to this incredible milestone, said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of iTunes.
The iTunes Store also recently surpassed Amazon and Target to become the third largest music retailer in the US.
On Topic: General
- Rumor: Google pressured Asus to cancel Android/Windows dual-boot devices
- Apple's Tim Cook meets Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu at Apple HQ
- Apple gobbling up retail market share as Radio Shack, Best Buy shrink
- Construction of Apple's new San Francisco flagship store gets final go ahead
- Apple exploring device pairing with Touch ID, camera privacy using diffusers