Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 06:00 am PT (09:00 am ET)
Apple's iTunes Store: 3 billion servedApple said Tuesday that more than three billion songs have been purchased and downloaded from the iTunes Store since its inception back in April of 2003.
The Apple download service has grown into the worlds most popular online music, TV and movie store — featuring a catalog of over five million songs, 550 television shows and 500 movies.
Wed like to thank all of our customers who have contributed to this incredible milestone, said Eddy Cue, Apples vice president of iTunes.
The iTunes Store also recently surpassed Amazon and Target to become the third largest music retailer in the US.
On Topic: General
- Apple CEO Tim Cook says privacy talks with Chinese government were 'very open'
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson wants to make online shopping personal with new startup 'Enjoy'
- Apple says its 'ambitious' sapphire manufacturing process is 'not ready for production'
- GT Advanced to exit sapphire production business, Apple to recover $439M prepayment over 4 years
- Christian Bale confirmed to play Steve Jobs in upcoming biopic, to start shooting soon