New iPhone ad highlights Excel viewer, stocks, Safari (video)Apple Inc. this week continued to expand its national television ad campaign for the iPhone, recently adding an eighth spot into the rotation on network television.
The latest 30-second commercial draws particular attention to the handset's built-in Excel document viewer (when viewing e-mail), stock quote widget, and fully-functional Safari web browser.
The dialog of the commercial, which is available for viewing below, is as follows:
"All these years... you've gone through the day without e-mail like this in your pocket. Or stock updates like this in your pocket. Or Internet like this in your pocket. And you survived. The question is, 'How?'"
The new ad arrives less than a week after Apple began airing two similar spots, titled 'Instead' and 'Amazing."
Thus far, all of Apple's iPhone television spots have followed the same general theme, which depicts an iPhone in the hand of an actor as a narrator offers subtle suggestions to the viewer.
On Topic: General
- Apple supplier Pegatron plans changes after BBC report on worker mistreatment
- Kate Winslet, others rumored to join cast of upcoming Steve Jobs movie
- Led by Whole Foods shoppers, Apple Pay accounted for 1% of digital payment dollars in November
- Apple slams BBC report on suppliers, says provided facts were 'clearly missing' from broadcast
- Apple CEO Tim Cook gives 'substantial' sum to gay rights initiative