Briefly: Jobs picks up 120,000 Apple shares in options moveApple chief executive Steve Jobs this week increased his stake in the company by exercising options to purchase 120,000 additional shares, according to regulatory filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
It's unclear from the filings at what point Jobs acquired the specific options, which he purchased for $5.75 apiece on Monday.
Documents show the options, valued at approximately $15 million as of Apple's closing price on Monday, were set to expire the following day.
Following the transaction, Jobs stake in Apple included 5,546,451 shares. Those shares, as of Monday, were valued at over $700 million.
On Topic: General
- Judge tosses key claims in Monster lawsuit against Beats
- Apple debuts new 2TB iCloud storage option for $19.99 per month
- Google to bring Waze ridesharing San Francisco-wide, may set stage for driverless service
- BitTorrent app Transmission once again source of macOS malware
- Turkey's deputy PM encourages Apple to move in wake of EU tax ruling