Briefly: Jobs picks up 120,000 Apple shares in options moveApple chief executive Steve Jobs this week increased his stake in the company by exercising options to purchase 120,000 additional shares, according to regulatory filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
It's unclear from the filings at what point Jobs acquired the specific options, which he purchased for $5.75 apiece on Monday.
Documents show the options, valued at approximately $15 million as of Apple's closing price on Monday, were set to expire the following day.
Following the transaction, Jobs stake in Apple included 5,546,451 shares. Those shares, as of Monday, were valued at over $700 million.
On Topic: General
- Best Buy slashes $100 off iPad Air 2 (from $399), $200 off MacBook Pro with CD/DVD ($899), $150 off iMacs (from $899)
- Natalie Portman rumored for troubled Steve Jobs biopic
- Judge rules Apple entitled to potential ongoing royalties from patent-infringing Samsung products
- Union pushes Apple for better treatment of campus security guards
- More secrets could come from GT Advanced bankruptcy as Apple divulges details to creditors