Thursday, August 16, 2007, 08:00 am PT (11:00 am ET)
Briefly: Jobs picks up 120,000 Apple shares in options moveApple chief executive Steve Jobs this week increased his stake in the company by exercising options to purchase 120,000 additional shares, according to regulatory filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
It's unclear from the filings at what point Jobs acquired the specific options, which he purchased for $5.75 apiece on Monday.
Documents show the options, valued at approximately $15 million as of Apple's closing price on Monday, were set to expire the following day.
Following the transaction, Jobs stake in Apple included 5,546,451 shares. Those shares, as of Monday, were valued at over $700 million.
On Topic: General
- Apple customer service hit by massive traffic spike one day after iPhone 6 launch
- Apple CEO Tim Cook shares 'optimistic' views on reversing climate change & selling green products to consumers
- Apple CEO Tim Cook to appear at WSJDLive conference in October
- Apple chose to handle iOS 8 rollout with own content delivery network
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation