Briefly: Jobs picks up 120,000 Apple shares in options moveApple chief executive Steve Jobs this week increased his stake in the company by exercising options to purchase 120,000 additional shares, according to regulatory filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
It's unclear from the filings at what point Jobs acquired the specific options, which he purchased for $5.75 apiece on Monday.
Documents show the options, valued at approximately $15 million as of Apple's closing price on Monday, were set to expire the following day.
Following the transaction, Jobs stake in Apple included 5,546,451 shares. Those shares, as of Monday, were valued at over $700 million.
On Topic: General
- Apple discussing settlement with battery maker over alleged employee poaching
- Apple to move away from security contractors, hire guards as full-time employees
- Billions in Google revenue could ride on Apple renewing iOS search deal
- Pebble unveils steel version of color Time watch, announces 'smartstrap' accessory support
- Apple, Google no-poach settlement reportedly on road to approval