Briefly: Jobs picks up 120,000 Apple shares in options moveApple chief executive Steve Jobs this week increased his stake in the company by exercising options to purchase 120,000 additional shares, according to regulatory filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
It's unclear from the filings at what point Jobs acquired the specific options, which he purchased for $5.75 apiece on Monday.
Documents show the options, valued at approximately $15 million as of Apple's closing price on Monday, were set to expire the following day.
Following the transaction, Jobs stake in Apple included 5,546,451 shares. Those shares, as of Monday, were valued at over $700 million.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music, Beats 1, new iPods, car plans & more
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage