Thursday, August 16, 2007, 11:00 am
Briefly: Jobs picks up 120,000 Apple shares in options moveApple chief executive Steve Jobs this week increased his stake in the company by exercising options to purchase 120,000 additional shares, according to regulatory filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
It's unclear from the filings at what point Jobs acquired the specific options, which he purchased for $5.75 apiece on Monday.
Documents show the options, valued at approximately $15 million as of Apple's closing price on Monday, were set to expire the following day.
Following the transaction, Jobs stake in Apple included 5,546,451 shares. Those shares, as of Monday, were valued at over $700 million.
On Topic: General
- Apple's fingerprint sensor encapsulation tech could be headed for future iPhone
- Best Buy recalls 5,100 third-party MacBook batteries for fire risk
- Report: Microsoft almost bought Nokia's hardware division, talks broke down in June
- Judge says 'issues have shifted' for DOJ e-book trial against Apple
- In-cell touch panel tech projected to remain a unique differentiator for Apple devices