Tuesday, August 21, 2007, 04:00 pm PT (07:00 pm ET)
Apple releases iPhone Software Update version 1.0.2Focusing on stability ahead of new features, Apple on Tuesday began providing iPhone owners with yet another small maintenance software update.
iPhone Software version 1.0.2 is available by docking your iPhone to your Mac (or PC), selecting the device in iTunes, and then hitting "Check for Update."
The agenda for the latest update? "Bug fixes," according to the release notes.
The update takes about a minute or so, half of which is spent "verifying" the handset's existing iPhone software. Therefore, iPhone owners who've 'hacked' or otherwise modified their software may first need to restore their iPhone software before applying the update.
Tuesday's iPhone update is the second for Apple in as many months. The company in late July issued iPhone version 1.0.1 which added subtle refinements and major fixes.
On Topic: General
- Apple files cross-appeal of final judgment in case against Samsung
- Apple, Samsung sued by ZiiLABS over alleged infringement of graphics patents
- Apple gets official green light to build San Francisco flagship store
- Apple to open small stores in India, focus on entry-level iOS devices in battle for growing market
- Apple tech monitors device aging, adjusts operating parameters to ensure optimal performance