Apple's Jobs among 2007 California Hall of Fame inducteesApple chief executive Steve Jobs and two-time Academy Award-winning actress Elizabeth Taylor are among this year's inductees into the California Hall of Fame, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger announced this week.
The California Hall of Fame, a landmark destination of The California Museum for History, recognizes extraordinary Californians who embody the State's innovative spirit and have made their mark on history.
"California is home to hopes and dreams for so many, and it is the people of this state who truly make it great," said Schwarzenegger. "The California Hall of Fame provides a wonderful opportunity to honor these leaders, and legends, whose imprints are stamped forever on our history and our lives. I want people of every age to be inspired by the stories of Californians who have shaped and continue to shape this state and the world."
Jobs, who will be inducted as as an "innovator, entrepreneur and creative genius," will be joined by several other inductees, including Tayler, photographer Ansel Adams, "Mr Television" Milton Berle, baseball great Willie Mays, winemaker Robert Mondavi, latin performer Rita Moreno, first African-American baseball player Jackie Robinson, and polio vaccine creater Dr. Jonas Salk.
Other 2007 inductees include Pulitzer and Nobel Prize-winning author John Steinbeck, Chief Justice Earl Warren, Academy Award-winning actor John Wayne, and professional golf phenomenon Tiger Woods.
The induction event will be held on December 5, and include a formal state induction ceremony, the presentation of medals by the Governor and First Lady, followed by a celebration reception and the unveiling of the new exhibit installation.
Jobs, along with all living inductees, are scheduled to appear at the event.
On Topic: General
- Apple patents laser mapping system, hybrid mechanical-capacitive keyboard, invisible I/O connectors
- Apple, Silicon Valley raised millions to fund Hillary Clinton platform backing tech's positions on encryption, privacy, innovation, patents, education
- Disney said to be weighing Twitter purchase to bolster online video efforts
- Sonos brings PLAY:1 & PLAY:5 speakers to Apple's online & retail stores
- Photos show Apple's newly relocated & revamped Brea Mall store [u]