Apple refreshes iPod shuffle line, adds (RED) modelAttracting less attention on Wednesday was a quiet refresh of Apple's iPod shuffle line, which remained relatively unchanged outside a color remix and the addition of a (PRODUCT) RED model.
Each iPod shuffle will continue to sport 1GB of NAND-flash based storage, good enough to hold some 240 tunes. Pricing also remains changed at $79 a piece.
In addition to the standard grey model, the clip-on players now come in several refreshed colors, including light purple, turquoise and sage.
A portion of proceeds from sales of a fifth model, dubbed iPod shuffle (PRODUCT) RED, will be donated to the Global Fund to help fight AIDS in Africa.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music royalty reversal, iPhone rumors, Confederate controversy & more
- AppleCare+ battery coverage more generous for iPhones, iPads, Apple Watch
- Apple searching for new public policy director to influence government
- Apple CEO Tim Cook celebrates Supreme Court decision on gay marriage with quote from Steve Jobs
- AppleInsider podcast discusses the iPhone home button, Beats 1, CarPlay, HomeKit & more