Apple refreshes iPod shuffle line, adds (RED) modelAttracting less attention on Wednesday was a quiet refresh of Apple's iPod shuffle line, which remained relatively unchanged outside a color remix and the addition of a (PRODUCT) RED model.
Each iPod shuffle will continue to sport 1GB of NAND-flash based storage, good enough to hold some 240 tunes. Pricing also remains changed at $79 a piece.
In addition to the standard grey model, the clip-on players now come in several refreshed colors, including light purple, turquoise and sage.
A portion of proceeds from sales of a fifth model, dubbed iPod shuffle (PRODUCT) RED, will be donated to the Global Fund to help fight AIDS in Africa.
On Topic: General
- KGI: iPhone sales forecast at 73M for Q4 ahead of Apple Watch debut in March, 12" MacBook Air in Q1
- I Bet My Life: Microsoft HoloLens perfectly targets its core competency
- Huge crowds gather for Apple Store grnd opening in Hangzhou, China
- Apple features calligrapher who created Hangzhou Apple Store mural in 'About the Artist' video
- T-Mobile to extend smartphone financing to customers with bad or no credit