Wednesday, September 05, 2007, 11:05 am PT (02:05 pm ET)
Apple refreshes iPod shuffle line, adds (RED) modelAttracting less attention on Wednesday was a quiet refresh of Apple's iPod shuffle line, which remained relatively unchanged outside a color remix and the addition of a (PRODUCT) RED model.
Each iPod shuffle will continue to sport 1GB of NAND-flash based storage, good enough to hold some 240 tunes. Pricing also remains changed at $79 a piece.
In addition to the standard grey model, the clip-on players now come in several refreshed colors, including light purple, turquoise and sage.
A portion of proceeds from sales of a fifth model, dubbed iPod shuffle (PRODUCT) RED, will be donated to the Global Fund to help fight AIDS in Africa.
On Topic: General
- Apple invents bone conducting EarPods for better iPhone noise cancellation
- Tim Cook touts new Apple privacy policies in open letter to customers
- Tim Cook explains consolidation at Apple in new interview
- Apple 'never' planned to use sapphire covers for iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus - report
- Apple to introduce app-specific passwords for iCloud-connected titles