Tuesday, September 11, 2007, 02:00 pm PT (05:00 pm ET)
Apple offers One to One trial, QuickTIme and keyboard updatesCustomers who purchase an iPhone from one of Apple's retail stores are being rewarded with a complimentary 30-day trial of the company's One to One personal training service. Separately, Apple has released minor QuickTime and Keyboard software updates.
Free One to One trial
Apple is now providing every retail store iPhone purchaser with a free 30-day version of its One to One in-store training service. Normally priced at $99 for a one-year subscription, the service offers subscribers a 50-minute training session each week, which they can reserve via the Concierge system.
Customers who purchase an iPhone from the company-owned stores will receive a 30-day One to One card that comes enclosed in a special folder bearing the headline, "The Apple Store, Included with every iPhone."
The One to One offer is also accompanied by a companion webpage that promotes all of the help available for the Apple handset: free in-store workshops, One to One training and the Genius Bar.
The cover of Apple's One to One trial folder | Source ifoAppleStore
QuickTIme and keyboard updates
Meanwhile, Apple on Tuesday afternoon released two small software updates for QuickTime and its new aluminum iMac keyboard.
Compatibility Update for QuickTime 7.2 [18.1MB] delivers increased compatibility with iLife, Apple said, while Keyboard Software Update 1.2 [35.3MB] lets users take advantage of their aluminum Apple Keyboard's special features.
On Topic: General
- Apple's next-gen iOS Remote app solution could boast full Apple TV GUIs, interactive content
- Marc Newson confirms only working at Apple part time on secret projects
- Patent holdings firm WiLAN loses second suit against Apple
- Apple opens iTunes donations for 'City of Hope' cancer charity, moves beyond natural disaster relief
- PayPal purportedly cut out of Apple Pay due to partnership with Samsung