Monday, September 17, 2007, 03:00 pm PT (06:00 pm ET)
iTunes 7.4.2 addresses iTunes Plus ringtone bugApple on Monday evening released iTunes 7.4.2 to address an issue with creating ringtones from iTunes Plus songs and several other unnamed glitches.
"iTunes 7.4.2 addresses an issue with creating ringtones using iTunes Plus song purchases and includes bug fixes to improve stability and performance," the company wrote in a brief set of release notes.
The software is available as a 38.8MB download for Macs and a 49.1MB download for Windows PCs.
iTunes 7.4 lets users create custom ringtones for iPhone from some of the songs available from the iTunes Store. It allows users to play purchased videos with closed captioning (when available), easily rate their favorite albums from one to five stars, and watch videos at a larger size inside the iTunes window.
On Topic: General
- Editorial: A friendlier Apple Inc now invites media through its Infinite Loop front door
- Apple launches iCloud Photos beta Web client ahead of iOS 8.1 rollout
- Full video of Jony Ive's Vanity Fair interview posted online
- Exclusive video: Apple's new "spaceship" Campus 2 is figuratively taking off
- American Express prepares customers for Apple Pay launch, details setup procedure